UNITED STATES – AeroDesign, in partnership with X-Codr, have released KMGM, Montgomery Regional Airport for X-Plane 11. The scenery is a highly detailed and fully featured freeware rendition of the real world airport facility. In fact, the package is described as “Payware for Free.” Features include ultra detailed ground and building textures, interior terminal modeling, 3D vegetation, scenery animations, ground clutter, seasonal variations, performance optimization, and much more.
The airport is a joint civil-military facility located in Montgomery, the capital of Alabama. Moreover, the facility is served by two commercial airlines including American Eagle and Delta Connection and is also home to the 187th Fighter Wing of the Alabama Air National Guard.
Check out some release images below. There is also a new video trailer available via YouTube.
Next, see a product features list.
- Ultra-detailed rendition of KMGM – Montgomery Regional Airport
- Ultra-detailed ground textures
- 1 foot resolution ortho imagery made crisper with decal technology
- Ultra HD pavement textures with normal maps for reflections and pebble level detail
- Realistic large-scale grunge textures to break up repetition
- Ultra-detailed buildings
- Extreme building resolutions ranging from 2 PPI to 4 PPI
- Advanced PBR normal maps for superb material properties and enhanced detail
- Advanced procedurally generated wear and tear
- Detailed ground clutter
- Detailed terminal interior with animated 3d people
- Ultra-realistic high performance 3d vegetation
- Dynamic living airport
- X-Plane 11 native service trucks will realistically service your aircraft upon request o Animated 3d people (Ground Traffic Jonathan Harris (marginal))
- Plenty of scenery animations such as animated air conditioners
- Listen to ambient scenery sounds based on location such as traffic, terminal interiors, and even ACs (Windows 10 only)
- Advanced World Traffic 3 routes by Brian “Cpt. K-man” Navy (Bird Stryke Designs)
- Full SAM support with custom animated jetways
- Responds to the environment
- KMGM features Summer, Autumn, Winter versions
- KMGM features weather effects such as rain and snow
- All changes take place automatically on scenery reload, no file changes required
- KMGM is highly optimized using advanced techniques; VR is even achievable on high settings on middle end hardware
- Custom mesh for the airport is included with Vertical Simulations VStates Alabama
- X-Codr Designs Sound XP Plugin adds immersive ambient scenery sounds, a first in XPlane (Windows 10 only)
Keep in mind, the package also requires the SAM Animations Manager by Stairport Sceneries.
For more information, additional screenshots, or to download, visit the scenery page via x-plane.org