Last previewed back in August, Aeroplane Heaven has posted some new WIP images, a brief project update, and a comprehensive features list in regard to the developers upcoming C-47/DC-3 for Prepar3D V4.4+. Please see below for the complete post according to the developer.
Now where did I put my specs….
We thought it might be time for us to publish a major update on the C-47/DC-3 package.
It’s been nearly 10 years since we produced a “Dak” and as this aeroplane is one of our personal, firm favourites, we want to do it justice.
So, here are the specifications, as of today’s date. They may change a little as we get closer to release but this should give an idea of the scope of this project.
Aeroplane Heaven Douglas C-47 Skytrain/ DC-3 Dakota Specifications
- C-47 Skytrain with droppable paratroops
- DC-3 Pratt&Whitney engined, left passenger door
- DC-3 Pratt&Whitney engined, Cargo/Passenger doors
- DC-3 Wright Cyclone engined, right passenger door
- Highly accurate, fully detailed models with many working animations.
- Exceptionally high detail, authentic 3D modeled engines complete with individual cylinder fins, valve gear, spark plugs and leads etc.
- High Definition modeling including detail down to opening telescopic battery doors, batteries and compartments.
- Passenger versions have detailed galley areas including tea and coffee urns, crockery, teapots and [coffee] pots!
- Full PBR (Physical Based Rendering) texturing of the entire exteriors and detailed components like ]landing] gear, tyres etc.
- Texture techniques allow for dull,natural and highly polished alloy surfaces and paint.Realistic animated flight crew and static ground personnel.
- Support vehicle, chocks, pre-flight flags etc.
- C-47 has a (optional) fully-modeled compliment of paratroops in realistic pose and 18 droppable parachutists.
- C-47 military-style cockpit with detailed fittings, and controls.
- DC-3 civilian style cockpit with detailed fittings and controls.
- The DC-3 civilian version is fitted with Flight 1 GNS and REX WX integration in hidden compartment.
- The C-47 cockpit will have provision for “modern” avionics, concealed behind the working Sperry Gyropilot panel.
- Highly accurate and beautifully modeled controls and equipment as per the real cockpit.
- Instruments have “3D paint” faces and are equipped with 3D modeled needles complete with pivot pins!
- Realistic starting is modeled with “Sart/Mesh” combination switches. “15-blade” starts are possible.
- All hydraulic and pressurised [equipment] is modeled and fully functional.
- Correct actions for throttles, mixture (gated) and prop levers.
- Full PBR materials and textures throughout the entire cockpit.
- C-47 has a full paratroop cabin with paratroops preparing for a drop.(optional)
- DC-3 has cockpit ONLY
- Flight dynamics are authored by some of the best in the business and are very accurate to the real machines. Which [means] they are challenging.
- Sounds are authentic and dynamic, sourced from real aircraft starts and running.
- We have yet to lock down the final release configuration but it is highly likely that the C-47 will be released [separately] to the DC-3.
- Each will have multiple international liveries included in the base packs and we will also be issuing livery packs as follows:
- “That’s all Brother” The ship that led the armada on D-Day June 6th 1944
- A typical camouflage scheme from wartime RAF
- Royal Air Force Transport Command
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Royal Australian Air Force
- Bolivian Air Force
- French Red Cross
- Royal Canadian Air Force
- Norwegian Air Force
- Braniff Airways
- Lae Central Airways
- Air New England
The Silver Birds
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Trans Texas Airlines
- Eastern Airlines
- United Airlines
- British United
- Dan Air
- Derby Airways
- British European Airways
- British Overseas Airways
- Aer Lingus
- Air Anglia
- Transair Sweden
- Air France
- Olympic Airways
The South Americans
There’s a wealth of colourful schemes we can choose from and we have yet to finalise the choice.
However, a few could be:
- El Venado
- Columbian Petrol co.
- Sadelca (restored “silver bird”
As we have indicated, some of the above will be included in the base packs. We will advise the final list when we are ready to release.
So far there are 49 liveries. Most of which are still to be painted. Please don’t ask when this product will be released […] as you can see there is a mountain of work still ahead. We are going as fast as we can but PBR is not a quick process and requires a lot of patience and time to get right.
We’ll have more news soon.
Next, the screenshots.