Please note, the aircraft is offered in three separate packages, one for FSX + P3D V3, another for P3D V4.4 + P3D V4.5, and a bundle which includes all versions.
The Heinkel He 111 was a medium size bomber / transport unit utilized by the Luftwaffe, Spanish military, and several other countries (although to a lesser extent).
Please see below for a product features list.
Unique features of the models:
- High Fidelity modelling in the exterior and interior ensure absolute accuracy and an uncommon amount of authentic detail including distinctive banded tyre treads and all correct decals and placards in German.
- Fully animated seat-raising feature which raises not only the seat but all the flying controls too. This feature is included in both interior and exterior models where the pilot is also raised.
- To accompany this, the special aero-screen and opening pilot top hatch are included.
- Authentic simulation of the hydraulic lock system for flaps and landing gear with animated, realistic springs and spring actions.
- Realistic bomb-drop sequences with characteristic tumbling bombs.
- Fully animated pilot, bomb-aimer/front gunner and dorsal gunner.
- Animated “Ikara” gun mount and ring can be operated in the cockpit (P3D and FSX) and exterior (P3D only)
- Fully featured, correct engine start sequence.
- Authentic animations for all control surfaces and tabs, landing gear, tailwheel and much more
- All instruments are 3D modelled and include the working magnetic compass/course setter.
- Navigation radios are included with a “hidden” navigation RMI for those wishing to fly navigation routines. The Heinkel was fitted with a rudimentary autopilot which is also simulated.
PBR Workflow materials
The latest versions of Prepar3d are configured to use the very latest in texturing and material creation techniques, usually found in AAA computer games. The Aeroplane Heaven Heinkel HE 1-11 P2 takes full advantage of this aspect and is finished in PBR texturing for amazingly realistic effects such as weathering, paint deformation, scratches and dents and more. The effects are way ahead of anything seen in flight simulation before.
The techniques used in the PBR models for P3DV4.4+ have been specially adapted to enhance the appearance of the aircraft when flying in FSX.
- A special configuration panel allows you to set up the aircraft for a “cold-dark” cockpit start sequence, and operate the bombb-doors and trigger the bombs whilst flying in exterior view.
- A working radio suite is included together with hidden RMI gauge for basic simulated navigation flights.
- 10 authentic liveries and a Pro-Quality Paintkit
- Authentic livery schemes for a variety of aircraft including Hungarian and Italian machines is included.
- A special “Tail-Switcher” facility is provided to switch the tail graphics from authentic “historically accurate” to “fictional” depending on taste.
- For Prepar3d V4.4 and V4.5+, PBR (Physically-based-rendering) techniques are employed for all exterior and some interior textures.
- For FSX and Prepar3d V3 and lower, simulated techniques are used to provide improved appearance in those simulators.
Authentic flight dynamics
Although there are no flying examples of the aeroplane left, every effort has been made to deliver a set of realistic and historically accurate flight dynamics. These have been authored from contemporary flight test reports, genuine, original factory manuals and pilot accounts of the time.
Stereo sound set
Care has been taken to create an authentic sound suite for the Heinkel, including the “phasing” sound when the engines are out of sync. This is a signature sound for the Heinkel HE1-11
For more information, additional screenshots, or to purchase, visit the product sales page via the developers website. As of the time of this writing, the bundle is priced at $36.95 USD – separately, each package is priced at $29.95 USD.
*Images courtesy of Aeroplane Heaven.