Firstly, Aerosoft previously announced compatibility with regards to PMDG Global Flight Operations software. However, beyond this initial announcement, Mathijs confirms that the Airbus Professional Series will feature Tier 1 status meaning all functions will be fully accessible. Moreover, accompanying his comments regarding Tier 1 status, Mathijs posts an image with arrows directed towards various instrument display units with the caption, “It should fill up these bit nicely!”.
Check out the referenced image below.
Lastly, Aerosoft has posted a list representing new features applicable to the Airbus MCDU and FMGS. In framing said features list, Mathijs states, “and more BTW, not all is completely updated in these posts but this is a pretty complete list of what’s new in the FMGS/MCDU: “.
See below to review the new features list.
- Implemented a more reliable data exchange system between Airbus modules.
- Gauges restructured.
- Reworked code for loading/storing a FMS state.
- Misc fixes in webserver connection.
- FMGS data exchange for shared cockpit.
- On loading the saved flight; in FixInfo; on RWY change; on CoRte loading; on WPT erase; on some WPTs passed; on closing the sim; on activation of MCDU keyboard input.
- Multiple fixes in pages: PERF TAKEOFF, PERF TO, PERF CLB, PERF CRZ, PERF DES, PERF APPR, PERF GA, LATREV, VERTREV, FPLNA, FPLNB, CO RTE, FIX INFO, PROG, FUEL PRED, INITB, INITA, HOLD, RADNAV, OFFSET, DIR TO, DEPARTURES, ARRIVALS, ALTERNATES, GPS MONITOR, IRS INIT, POSITION MONITOR, MCDU MENU, DATA INDEX, AIRWAYS, and in few others;
- including changes according to Smith Thales FMS Rel.1A.
- Improved indexing of a WPT in FPLAN page.
- Weight units selection added for MCDU pages.
ND route lines:
- Now curving all legs in primary fplan (if applicable), not only for active one.
- Fixes in turn curve configuration, turn direction;
- Fixes in INTPCT legs;
- and other multiple fixes in ND lines generation.
- Fixes in magnetic variation calculation;
- NDB reading from navdata;
- Support of approaches with no RWY coded;
- Improved turn radius limitation on bank angle.
- Fixed problems when flying along long straight segments (e.g. unexpected s-type turns).
- Holdings reworked, together with new patterns.
- Other fixes (unexpected turns etc).
Predictions, pseudopoints etc:
- Restructuring of pseudos code;
- New pseudo types added.
- Multiple fixes in predictions.
- WINDS data (+ TRIP WIND; + CRZ propagation; + actual wind etc), and WINDS request.
- AOC pages (weather request etc).
- STEP ALTs.
- Constant Mach
- RTA (Required Time of Arrival).
- ETT (Estimated Time of Takeoff).
- ETP (Equitime point).
- Time Marker.
- New approach types and related VIAs.
- PRESEL speeds.
- PD points (Place/Distance).
- Data output to the cockpit printer;
- New scratchpad messages.
- Activation of phases – APPR and GA.
- Loading CORTE;
- VOR, ILS, ADF autotuning according to multiple rules.
- Distances calculation;
- Approaches with no RWY coded.
- DIR TO, DIR TO ABEAM;
- Default performance parameters;
- SEC and ALTN fplans handling;
- WPT ID output and WPT placement;
- UTC/TIME output;
- RNAV approaches;
- ALTN flightplan handling;
- Electric bus connection, and power up sequence;
- FO MCDU replaces the Options MCDU;
- Autocalculations for V1/VR/V2, FLEX TO TEMP etc;
- Keyboard input scheme changed for LSKs.
The Airbus 320 series is projected for release this July, the 330 variant is slated for release in September or October of this year.
To see the MCDU and FMGS new features list, visit the applicable thread over at the Aerosoft preview forums. If you’d like to see the above image and commentary regarding compatibility with PMDG Global Flight Operations, jump to page 91 (Part 5) of the official preview thread.
*Image courtesy of Aerosoft.