GREECE – Mathijs Kok of Aerosoft has announced LGSA, Chania International Airport “Ioannis Daskalogiannis” for Prepar3D and possibly FSX. The airport is a joint civil-military facility located nearby Souda Bay on the Akrotiri peninsula of the Greek island of Crete. Serving the city of Chania, commercial traffic is highly seasonal although the airport handles more than 3 million passenger per annum.
Moreover, according to Mathijs, “We have not fully settled on the name, but I think you will like the images!”
Please see below for a preliminary product features list.
- High detailed ground textures and runway – taxiway lines including the new apron parking positions and lines modified in summer 2018.
- High detailed 3D objects
- High detailed 3D buildings including the new terminal building completed in 2018.
- More than 39.000 custom autogen trees, vehicles and 3D buildings in the airport’s surrounding area.
- Dynamic lights in the apron area
- Animated vehicles in the apron area
- SODE fully animated [windsocks]
- Seasonal textures for fall winter spring and summer
- Fully compatible with ORBX Global and ORBX Vector
- Mesh terrain [enchantment]
- Detailed Coastlines
- Snowy “White Mountains” (the 8.045ft mountain at the south of the Airport) from October to May (the snow coverage changes every month)
- Sun reflections on ground (more visible during dawn and dusk)
- High detailed night lighting including detailed 3D taxi and runway lighting
- High detailed 3D grass
If you’d like to review the original project announcement, see the source post via the Aerosoft preview forums. Keep in mind, there is currently no release timeline for the project.