Check out some preview screenshots below.
Next, see a product features list according to the development team.
• Realistic recreation of the complete Faroe Islands with an area of about 1.400 km²
• High resolution terrain mesh with various texture sets for a seasonal representation
• Customized local terrain details, e.g. realistically sloped runway at the Vágar Airport
• Detailed rendition of the Vágar Airport and the eight helipads spread over the
• Faroese themed autogen, navigation obstacles and dynamic traffic on the islands
• Hundreds of custom objects with PBR materials, 3D vegetation, night lighting
To review the complete project announcement including a number of additional screenshots, see the source thread via the Aerosoft preview forums. If you’d like to learn more about Maps4XPlane, visit the developers website.
*Images courtesy of Maps2XPlane and Aerosoft.