Aerosoft has released a major product update (V188.8.131.52) for the Antonov An-2 by OctopusG and Alexander Metzger. The update is applicable to Prepar3D V4 only and features a number of fixes, additions, and general improvements to the existing aircraft build.
Please see below for a list of changes.
- Implemented aircraft global condition; each airplane with unique board number will have own persistent condition of its engine, fuel system, electric system, lighting system, gauges, switches, etc.
- Improved engine simulation: a water in a fuel and a metal chip in the oil will affect the engine’s work
- Cold start will cause engine power loss
- Fixed engine startup if the magnetos has been switched off
- Fixed assertion in the fuel tank selector
- Fixed crash after several flight restarts
- Fixed the sound of the starter when the battery became discharged during spinning of the flywheel
- Improved radio logic – increased stability
- Starter switch will stick to “clutch” position to help a pilot to engage magnetos by mouse to start engine more authentically
- added lamp that signalize when the passenger door is opened
- Tuned engine startup probability in cold weather conditions
- Added sound for oil cowl
- Added cargo door logic
- Added maintenance panel (shift-2) to maintain engine/fuel/electric/lighting systems
- Improved support of LINDA
- Implemented simulation of CHT
- Implemented heater to start engine in cold conditions
- Reduced lag of the manifold pressure reading
- Improved slats behavior
- Added a flying pet to the cockpit
- Added military version of An-2 and VKS livery
- New Aeroflot livery USSR-92962
- Modelled passenger cabin
- Modelled carho cabin
- More authentic cockpit of SP-ASR
- Partially implemented ICOM IC-A210 for SP-ASR cockpit
To read the complete update announcement, see the source post via the Aerosoft news blog. Alternatively, for more information about the Antonov An-2 by OctopusG and Alexander Metzger, visit the product sales page via Aerosoft.
*Image courtesy of Aerosoft.