Balearic Islands Professional by Sim-Wings has been released via Aerosoft. If not familiar, the Balearic Islands are an archipelago off the coast of eastern Spain in the Mediterranean. Islands includes Mallorca, Ibiza, and Menorca – all well trafficked holiday destinations. The scenery can be purchased as a bundle including all three islands, alternatively, each island can be purchased individually. Keep in mind, the scenery is designated ‘professional’ meaning that it is only compatible with Prepar3D V4.
Please see below for a full product description according to Aerosoft. This description is for the bundle only, if preferring to purchase islands individually, the descriptions will obviously vary.
Ready for a holiday break in the sun? Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza rank among the most popular destinations – for tourists and pilots alike. „Balearic Islands professional“ includes the entire archipelago in one compilation for your holiday experience and is now available for Prepar3D V4.
All three islands appear in great detail thanks to the current aerial imagery with a resolution of 0.5m/pixel, up to 0.25m/pixel on some airport areas. The airport facilities are up to date as well, and due to the custom autogen, the airports fit nicely into their corresponding islands.
Included are the islands of Ibiza (with Formentera) and Menorca with their international airports (LEIB or LEMH, respectively) as well as Mallorca with Palma Airport (LEPA) and Son Bonet (LESB). They come with highly detailed AFCAD files for AI aircraft and realistic approach procedures for your own approach. The highly detailed jetways are fully animated and can be docked to the aircraft using CTRL-J. SODE jetways are also available as an option.
Up to date aerial images of the whole archipelago with 0.5m/pixel*Up to date airport facilities (car parks, etc.)
- Ground shadows with pre-rendered lights (raytracing lights)
- Up to date Taxiway lines for PP, taxiways, etc. incl. new markings
- Custom taxiway, RWY, and 3D apron lighting
- Lots of static and animated vehicles, e.g. buses, carts, etc.
- Grass between taxiways
- Complex AFCAD
New in the P3D V4 version:
- All code (BGLs) compiled with P3D V4 SDK, using new material options and being performance optimised to the new engine
- All objects optimised for new shadow technology
- Ground layout following P3DV4 SDK
- High-resolution satellite images (ca. 0.5 m/px) covering the whole island
- Appropriate autogen and city objects
- Photo realistic coverage of the islands can optionally be turned off
- New highly detailed elevation models for the islands with a resolution of 5 m
- Numerous static vehicles like buses, baggage carts, etc.
- Animated jetways (STRG-J), SODE jetways as an option*
- New, optimised 3D runway lighting with activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
- Apron lamps with new effects and dynamic light
- Changed AFCAD approaches to AirDac 1804
- Dynamic vehicles on airport feeder and apron (AESLite)
- Scenery registration following P3D V4 add-on.xml procedure
- Configuration tool to control some options
To explore additional screenshots, review other product information, or to make a purchase, visit the official Aerosoft product page for the three island package. If you’d like to visit each island separately, check out the individual product pages for Mallorca, Menorca, and Ibiza.
*Images courtesy of Aerosoft.