With regards to the facility, the airport is located in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany and is served by numerous commercial air carriers including easyJet, Ryanair, Wizz Air, and Eurowings.
Please see below for a selection of official release captures.
Moreover, check out a product features list according to the developer.
- Detailed rendition of the airport and its surroundings, incl. landmark objects
- Photo realistic ground textures based on aerial images (50cm/px)
- All airport buildings and facilities
- True-to-original navigation aids (ILS, VOR/DME, NDB, ATIS)
- Excellent night effects
- True-to-original runway and taxiway lighting
- Detailed 3D city model of Dortmund incl. colour-corrected 60cm/px aerial image covering the entire city area
- Authentic rendition of the airfield Hengsen-Opherdicke incl. colour-corrected 30cm/px aerial image
- The aerial images for Hengsen-Opherdicke can be turned off
- Autogen covering the area of the aerial image, corrected by hand
- Animated wind objects: wind turbines and windsocks specific to Hengsen-Opherdicke as well as the helipad the Hospital Centre North
- Ship traffic at the Dortmund-Ems Canal when using the Seatraffic plug-in by Marginal/Jonathan Harris
- Volumetric grass, toggleable
- PBR-based reflecting water surfaces
- Backup library – runs without add-ons
Another fantastic German airport release by Aerosoft, the publisher also recently made available EDNY, Friedrichshafen Airport for X-Plane 11, see our post dated July 10, 2018 to review.
To learn more about the scenery, review additional product screenshots, or to purchase, visit the official product page via the Aerosoft website. As of the time of this writing, the price is €16.77 EUR excluding taxes.
*Images courtesy of Aerosoft.