As no changelog is available, please see below for a list of current product features according to the developer.
- Simulation of a 50 series DC-8 passenger airliner with a focus on normal procedures
- 3D model of the exterior with animated flight surfaces, reversers, landing gear, four exits and two cargo doors
- Virtual cockpit model with detailed simulation of instruments and controls at the pilot’s, first officer’s, and flight engineer’s positions
- In-depth simulation of more than 10 aircraft systems
- Visual rain effects on cockpit windows using TrueGlass technology by TFDi
- P3D V4 version includes dynamic landing, taxi, and ground floodlights that illuminate objects
- Cockpit lighting including main panel, pedestal, and engineer’s panel floodlights, dome light, panel back lighting, and instrument gauge lighting
- Instrument gauge lighting has four selectable levels of intensity
- Engine and other sounds by Turbine Sound Studios including start-up external air cart sound
- Radar display showing terrain with three ranges selectable
- Loader utility to add and remove passengers, cargo and fuel
- Detailed engine simulation with accurate EPR readings to set power for takeoff, climb and cruise
- Detailed performance tables to determine V speeds, power settings, takeoff trim, manoeuvre and stall speeds, and more
- Custom icing code will cause airframe ice accumulation to increase drag and degrade lift while de-icing will gradually remove effects of ice
- INS waypoints may be manually inserted, or simply by loading a standard FSX flight plan
- INS simulation is very detailed with random drift, DME updating, realistic or fast alignment and more
- A cold and dark state is available at any time using the pop-up loader utility
To review the original product update announcement by Mathijs Kok, visit the source thread as posted via the Aerosoft product forums. If you’d like to learn more about the Aerosoft DC-8, visit the official product page.
*Image courtesy of Aerosoft.