Shortly thereafter, the description continues, “Fly jobs between bases, buy or lease aircraft and create your own virtual airline. Recruit pilots, build routes and look out for special humanitarian missions. Trade cargo commodities, open factories at your airports and buy parts – the possibilities really are endless!”
Check out some release screenshots below.
Next, see a comprehensive features list.
- In-flight menu system – manage your company and accept jobs without leaving your host simulator.
- Cargo jobs – more variety, better paid jobs, and much, much faster generation than in Air Hauler.
- Passenger operations – fly single passenger jobs between any airport you choose, or set up a schedule and routes for your airline to fly. You can let your AI pilots fly these routes or you can fly any of them at any time.
- Missions – take missions from new contacts you meet as you travel to new airports and destinations.
- Virtual Airlines – create your own Virtual Airline and recruit other AH2 pilots from around the world to fly passenger and cargo jobs! Advertise your airline on the Air Hauler 2 Hiring Bulletin Board. Accept and fly jobs from the Global Job Board and compete with other airlines for the best hauls.
- Humanitarian missions – respond to real-world disasters by manufacturing and delivering relief supplies to local airports.
- New AI pilot skills tree system – AI pilots can now be ‘trained’ in over 18 different skills which bring benefits to your company. As the AI pilots improve, they ‘level up’ in rank which gives them more skill points to spend. There is a skill tree which has five different tracks with individual skills in each and these can be unlocked by spending points. So, for example, an AI pilot who has five points in ‘Bungee Warrior’ will be subject to less in-flight cargo damage as a result of rough handling than one who has less (or no) points in that skill. Other examples are ‘Rocketman’, which provides a more efficient cruise (lower fuel costs), and ‘Short Stripper’ which lowers the runway landing requirements for AI pilots.
- Take missions from clients at airports – supply them with rare commodities or perform photo recon flights or private charter flights.
- Commodity trading – buy and sell commodities rather than just move them for clients. Make your own fortune trading between airports!
- Upgrade your bases – upgrade them with fuel depots and commodity storage facilities, allowing you to hedge fuel prices and store commodities long term.
- Factories and production – build factories at your bases and use them to produce desirable commodities which can’t be bought on the open market.
- See full airport charts in Air Hauler 2 itself – charts are provided with the kind permission of John Allard.
- Find aircraft parts from vendors – find these at larger airports and use them to repair your fleet or build new aircraft yourself rather than buying them!
- New type rating system – get qualified on aircraft before you or your AI pilots can fly them.
- Buy and fly aircraft in your personal fleet – you can also transfer money from your company into your own personal account.
- Buy new aircraft direct from the manufacturer, or buy second hand – have the aircraft shipped to you or go and collect them yourself and fly them home.
- All-new Map views with great circle routes – several map tile choices are available.
- Create ‘custom airports’ – create an airport which will be recognised in Air Hauler 2 for any scenery which doesn’t create a ‘proper’ airport in Flight Simulator (i.e. the Orbx series and other airport add-ons).
- Included database of common aircraft – designed to populate the stats while importing – no more searching for fuel burn figures!
To learn more, review additional screenshots, or to purchase, visit the product sales page via Just Flight. As of the time of this writing, the program is priced at $44.99 USD.
*Images courtesy of Just Flight.