For those unfamiliar with the type, the ATR 42-500 is a popular short haul regional airliner with a seating capacity of up to 52 passengers. Current operators include Aeromar, First Air, HOP!, TAROM, Easyfly, Pakistan International Airlines, and Empire Airlines (Ohana by Hawaiian).
Additionally, for those interested, the official video trailer is available via YouTube.
Please see below for a complete product features list.
- Full FSX, FSX-STEAM, P3D v3, v4, v4.4 (and up) compatible.
- Full PBR textures and materials (Physically Based Rendering).
- Flight1 GTN 750 and Reality XP GTN 750* integration.
- Updatable database – AIRAC cycle 1601 (January 2016) included.**
- VR ready.
- Real start up procedures.
- Real A42 engine sounds, aural warnings and sound systems.
- Real flight dynamics.
- Cold and Dark start option.
- Takeoff run and landing real rolling movement effect.
- Custom brakes sounds on taxi and landing run.
- Original autopilot installed.
- HD quality textures (4096 x 4096).
- Customizable panel for controlling windows transparency, instrument reflections and static elements such as wheel chocks.
- Real behavior compared to the real airplane. Real weight and balance.
- Tested by real pilots.
- Realistic night lights effects on panel and cockpit.
This aircraft does not have a 2D panel.
*Flight1 GTN 750 and Reality XP GTN 750 are sold separately
**You don´t need to have a subscription with Navigraph because this package installs a January 2016 Navigraph database which has all the information you need to perform a flight. But if you want to keep your database up to date you will need a subscription with Navigraph (click here to get it).
- 7 HD liveries
- 1 HD Carenado and Blank livery
- A42 Emergency Procedure PDF
- A42 Normal Procedures PDF
- A42 Performance Tables PDF
- A42 Reference PDF
- A42 Autopilot PDF
- FMS UNS-1 PDF
- Recommended Settings (FSX and P3Dv4) PDF
For more information, additional screenshots, or to purchase, visit the product sales page via the developers website. As of the time of this writing, the aircraft is priced at $44.95 USD.
Keep in mind, there is currently no information regarding a possible X-Plane conversion.
*Images courtesy of Carenado.