As expected and with much anticipation, Carenado has released the ATR 72-500 for FSX and Prepar3D. The aircraft is a comprehensive representation of the real world type complete with PBR materials (P3DV4.4+), “real” flight dynamics, accurate startup procedures, custom sounds, and much more.
Please see below for a list of inclusions and product features.
Included in the package
- 7 HD liveries.
- 1 HD Carenado and Blank livery
- A72 Emergency Procedure PDF
- A72 Normal Procedures PDF
- A72 Performance Tables PDF
- A72 Reference PDF
- A72 Autopilot PDF
- FMS SCN 801 PDF
- Recommended Settings (FSX and P3Dv4) PDF
- Version 1.0
- Full FSX, FSX-STEAM, P3D v4.4 (and up) compatible.
- Full PBR textures and materials (Physically Based Rendering ) (P3D v4.4 and up).
- Flight1 GTN 750 and Reality XP GTN 750* integration
- Updatable database – AIRAC cycle 1601 (January 2016) included.**
- VR ready.
- Real start up procedures.
- Real A72 engine sounds, aural warnings and sound systems.
- Real flight dynamics.
- Cold and Dark start option.
- Takeoff run and landing real rolling movement effect.
- Custom brakes sounds on taxi and landing run.
- Original autopilot installed.
- HD quality textures (4096 x 4096).
- Customizable panel for controlling windows transparency, instrument reflections and static elements such as wheel chocks.
- Real behavior compared to the real airplane. Real weight and balance.
- Tested by real pilots.
- Realistic night lights effects on panel and cockpit.
This aircraft does not have a 2D panel.
*Flight1 GTN 750 and Reality XP GTN 750 are sold separately
**You don´t need to have a subscription with Navigraph because this package installs a January 2016 Navigraph database which has all the information you need to perform a flight. But if you want to keep your database up to date you will need a subscription with Navigraph (click here to get it).
For more information, additional release media, or to purchase, visit the product sales page via the developers website. As of the time of this writing, the aircraft is priced at $44.95 USD.
Keep in mind, the shorter ATR 42-500 is also available from Carenado.
Moreover, MilViz is currently working on the ATR 72-600 for Prepar3D V4.4+.