SOLOMON ISLANDS – Emerald Scenery Design has released another product update for the developers Solomon Islands X scenery package – FSX and Prepar3D. According to the release announcement.
It has been a long 7 months since SolX has seen it’s last update, but I believe this update will be well worth the wait. v0.58 not only reintroduces roads for the entire island of Guadalcanal, but also improves on a few areas of photoreal and adds a large coverage of 1.2m/px and 60cm photoreal for Mount Balbi on the island of Bougainville in PNG.
For those unfamiliar with the package, the scenery is offered as early access freeware and features the entirety of the Solomon Island’s including 38 metre terrain mesh, hand placed landclass and waterclass, shoreline vector data, and various areas of photoreal detail.
Check out some release images below.
Next, see a list of changes per the developer.
What’s new in v0.58?
- Added and improved LandClass around Buka (AYBK).
- Added roads, trails and streams back to QMID area 9035 (Covers Guadalcanal and more).
- Added volcanic steam to Mount Bagana.
- Added 60cm photoreal coverage for West Guadalcanal Reefs.
- Added 60 & 120cm (1.2m/px) photoreal coverage for Mount Balbi (PNG).
- Added new custom 7cm textures for Asphalt and Dirt roads.
- Added new higher resolution custom sand LandClass texture.
- Updated grass field LandClass texture, improving resolution.
- Updated photoreal for Panguna Mine from 120cm (1.2m/px) to 60cm.
- Optimized some photoreal areas to better reduce file size.
- Removed a vector bridge on Guadalcanal.
- Removed unused seasonal landclass textures.
- Reworked shorelines for the entire island of, and some islands surrounding Guadalcanal.
- Changes to WaterClass for compatibility with Guadalcanal West Reefs coverage.
- Added Buka Airport (AYBK). [Control Panel option for ORBX AYPY Jacksons compatibility.]
- Fixed an issue where Buka’s (AYBK) apron was excluded by SolX Vector.
SolX v0.58 sees new coverage of the Panguna Copper Mine (Bougainville Island, PNG). The photoreal resolution of Panguna Mine has been doubled from 1.2m/px to 60cm/px.