FlightFactor, in partnership with StepToSky, have posted a new (and free) product update for the Boeing 757 Professional V2 – X-Plane 11. Further, the team have also released the payware FPDS avionics upgrade.
First, with respect to the free product update, the release is designated Version 2.3.6 and features a number of additions, adjustments, and fixes to the existing aircraft build. Moreover, according to the official release announcement, the update is available using X-Updater or via the x-plane.org store.
Please see below for a list of changes.
- added FPDS Avionics (available as an extension)
- added EASTERN livery to In-Pack livery package
- made outside texture improvements
- improvements for 3d, antennas, winglets, beacons, pitots, RAT, etc
- updated all livery packages to fit improved 3d (requires re-downloading livery packages)
- fire test correction
- default VHF MIC buttons changed
- changed the brake hydraulic pressure logic
- removed PA from cargo
- fixed some brake related lamps logic
- fixed possible glitches in TERR/WXR images after consequent mode changing
- fixed look-ahead markers depiction in TERR
- fixed WXR strange patterned output in some cases
- fixed an issue with right VHF mic transmitter not working
- fixed some warning lamp colors
- fixed several button light
- fixed freighter wing lamp glass
Next, the FPDS avionics upgrade is also available for a $20.00 USD upgrade fee – existing users can find the discount code listed on the original 757 V2 purchase invoice. New users can purchase the complete package for $92.00 USD. There is a detailed explanation video discussing the different versions of the aircraft via YouTube.
Anyway, according to the product description, the FPDS avionics upgrade includes the following features:
The FPDS variant contains
- High resolution (768 x 1024 pixels) XGA multi-color LCD flat panel display with integrated standard six – FULL glass cockpit
- All digital electronics with improved accuracy, dependability and responsiveness
- DCP with Speed Reference Settings
- Minimum Selection (Radio or Baro) Units Selection
- Integrated Barometric Altimeter Setting
- Flight Path Vector
- Meters Altimeter
- Officially licensed by the Boeing © Corporation
- Accurate dimensions based on drawings supplied by Boeing ©
- Auto-Update for lifetime of X-Plane 11