The aircraft is to be an accurate and detailed representation of the real world type including a high level of systems depth. As of the time of this writing, the aircraft is still in the alpha stage. However, according to Manchot of Heritage Flight Simulation who is actively testing the model, “Even at this early stage the flight characteristics are superb, while the graphics model looks fantastic.”
Check out some preview images below.
Next, see a preliminary features list.
- Meticulously detailed 3D Model & Artwork
- High-quality FMOD Sound Design
- Multiple Liveries
- 4K Texture mapping planned from the beginning for the creation of an easily useable, layered paint-kit
- Highly realistic & accurate Flight-Model, thoroughly tested against performance data
- Complete Engine Modelling, including 2-stage Supercharger & Fuel systems
- Custom Failures (Temperature limits, Operating Limits, Procedural errors, etc.)
- External Fuel Tank (optional)
- Weapon Modelling – Guns
- RAF Reflector Gunsight Mk II
- Optional GPS & Radio Integration (Manual radio tuning)
- Designed for VR
- Realistic Start-up & Operating procedures
- Static Elements planned for release
If you’d like to learn more, review additional preview images, or track ongoing progress, visit the official development thread via the x-plane.org forums.
For those unfamiliar with FlyingIron Simulations, the team have already released a highly regarded P-47 Thunderbolt for X-Plane 11.
Thank you to our friend Rafael for the tip.
*Images courtesy of FlyingIron Simulations.