FlyJSim has released a new product update for the developers legacy Dash 8 Q400 – X-Plane 11. Keep in mind, according to FlyJSim, “We would like to stress… this is NOT the Q4XP… or Q400 V2/V3… or new Q (that comes much later). As mentioned in our previous update, the Q400 legacy is our way of handing off the aircraft before its eventual retirement to its newer brother. Some astute people will have noticed some of the changes we uploaded yesterday, but here is a quick rundown.”
Please see below for a list of changes.
- Updated to 11.35+ flight model. Now with increased drag and better handling
- Fixed engine start-up. This was an issue caused by system changes in 11.30 and should be back to the regular start-up procedure
- Physically Based Rendering textures. Exterior textures should now have a more believable glossiness and metalness effect
- Menu graphics updated
- Manual graphics updated
- PFD colours changed. Should be much more vibrant to the eye
- Startup sound volume reduced
For clarification purposes, the upcoming FlyJSim Q4XP is a completely new rendition of the above legacy Q400 – the project was last previewed back in July.