Please see below for a complete historical changelog current as of March 20, 2019.
Improvements / New Features:
- Implemented waypoint VNAV constraint entry via the keypad numerical keys.
- Dropped WXR resolution to get more performance and more realistic “grainy” radar look.
- Implemented rain, ice and HUD rendering in VR.
- All sidebar drawer buttons are now available in Plugins menu for enhanced VR usability.
- All windows can now be opened natively in VR.
- Reorganized plugins menu to make it more logical.
- Rain effect compute shader would misbehave when camera was far away from aircraft.
- Legacy rain effect would misbehave when sim was paused.
- Fixed crash when using multiple monitors on Windows.
- Fixed deadlock in synthetic vision code causing the terrain not to update and sim to hang when SVS is toggled.
- Handle the case when minimums are set to 10,000 ft and the number goes outside the PFD box.
- Missing tire_skid_speed_mtr_sec broke XP11.26 compatibility.
- Fixed dark outline around windshield due to bad stencil masking in normal vector computation.
- Copyright on MFD should show build year.
- Build OpenGPWS with Garmin audio, not Honeywell.
- Don’t allow overflowing the approach minimums value.
- Disable all GL arrays before starting effects rendering to avoid crashes when arrays are left enabled by external code.
- Refined gear brake failure messages.
- Added check for O2 refill to only allow it to be done when the tank isn’t full.
- Fuselage & gear leg repair buttons shouldn’t be available when the parts are ok.
- Fuel caps shouldn’t be auto-closed when the user reopens the payload manager after leaving them open.
- Added crash sound when the aircraft falls on the tail or nose.
- Moved headset audio source position to right seat cushion to match visual model.
Improvements / New Features:
- Implemented new LOC guidance code to work around the need to set CDI to front course.
- Implemented YD phaseout with airspeed.
- Added multi-threaded rendering support for synthetic vision. SYN VIS should now be much cheaper on performance.
- New rain effects using async compute. Available only on Windows & Linux. Mac gets the old rain effect.
- Implemented the “Vertical track” audio message.
- Made SYN VIS horizon headings more readable by adding darker outline.
- Redesigned steering force control logic to better handle centering forces.
- Steering had a confusing delay on it, which made for difficult directional control.
- Turning on NAV or STROBE lights should disable red wingtip beacons.
- Overspeed should come on at 269 KIAS and turn off at 268 KIAS.
- Reverse numbers should be 27-35 trq, 1850 rpm, Ng 85%.
- Gear manual extension rates were incorrect.
- WXR-related crash during resumption of previously interrupted flight.
- “FMS LFE” should be automatic upon FPL entry on the ground.
- Pushing Go-Around should put the HSI back into GPS mode.
- Replaced aural_warn_test and gear_warn recordings with cleaner samples.
- Implemented OVERSPEED aural message.
- Force the avionics_on dataref to 1.
- When we had the A/P override set, unset it if the CDI mode changes.
- SYN VIS north horizon heading should be 360 and sub-100 headings shouldn’t have a leading ‘0’.
- SYN VIS airport loading could fail sporadically, resulting in missing runways.
- SYN VIS old method of computing airport label placement was broken.
- AIRAC cycle 1904 was mislabeled as 1304.
- Make sure GL_BLEND is enabled, because in X-Plane windowing context it sometimes isn’t.
- Bezel drawing didn’t work in popped-out windows due to X-Plane swapping in a different OpenGL context.
- X-Plane 11.32r2 seems to have broken our Vertex Array Object processing, so we have to work around that.
- Workaround for 11.31 crash when FMS returns bad airport reference from flight plan.
- Added multi-sample anti-aliasing to synthetic vision.
- Added HUD circuit breaker.
- Deepened manipulators and fixed cabin pressure manipulator.
- Fuel indicator lines were misrendered and showing too low to the actual tank state.
- Fuel gauge lines should use a gradianted pattern, instead of a flat color.
- Added GPU exhaust particle effect.
- Added remap from X-Plane’s TOGA_power to trigger our takeoff guidance and kill X-Plane’s tendency to give full power as if we had A/THR.
- Added propeller tip vortices at high power and high humidity.
- Added FUEL SEL AUTO checklist item into the engine start checklist.
- Removed superflous AUX BP AUTO checklist item from the after start checklist.
- Implemented new airspeed and altitude tapes with better annunciator mode management.
- Implemented custom VS tape.
- Changed G1000 fuel units to gallons – should now show correct units in FPL fuel predictions.
- Fixed broken AP/TRIMS disconnect and AP off buttons in XP11.30.
- Switched to using tags for version IDs for more readable version strings.
- Use XPLMNavRef to avoid airports with inconsistent ICAOs in the X-Plane nav database confusing us.
- Implemented maximum climb torque and optimum cruise torque marks on the torque gauge.
- Squashed more marching ants.
- Added directly settable datarefs for all switches, so integration with external controllers and cockpits is simpler.
- Added direct set commands for all toggle controls to simplify integration for cockpit builders.
- Fixed broken alternate static port manipulator.
- Implemented DIMMER light switch on the overhead.
- Fixed missing approach pathways on ILS approaches.
- Adjusted rear seats so armrests are touching. Adjusted manipulators to reflect armrest changes.
- Fixed Nav/Strobe lights to be closer to the real thing.
- Chocks were sometimes misaligned. Added a vertical deflection dataref to align chocks to landing gear.
- EDM should be using the GASC-computed cabin altitude, not true cabin altitude.
- Bad fx_lin_multi field array could cause an assertion failure.
- Obstacle database was broken because FAA had switched to HTTPs and we weren’t expecting that.
- XP11.30 reordered how the airport loading message is sent at start, leading to a double aircraft system init/deinit on aircraft reload via the Developer menu.
- Indicated airspeed computation was affected by pitot covers, yielding broken behavior for engine driftdown in windy conditions.
- Documented all custom switch datarefs + commands for cockpit builders. Can be found under Documentation/DataRefs+Commands.txt.
- Cockpit manipulator on MFD keypad for digit 0 has incorrect command assigned
- Fixed TerraMax license conflict causing TerraMax to sometimes deactivate momentarily.
- Fixed misaligned LOC with runway centerline.
- Added manual vertical realignment of GS transmitters with actual sim terrain elevation.
- macOS couldn’t load plugin code due to missed extraneous development dependency
- When the HUD drag manipulator is pulled way down, it should close the HUD.
- Fixed power lever manipulators incorrectly dragging throttle instead of mixture.
- Custom popup window cursors weren’t showing up in XP11.30
- Glass normal map contained noise, resulting in bumpy glass textures. Smoothed out.
- HUD was rendering incorrectly on XP11.26 when anti-aliasing was used.
- Re-added the “Engine heatblur” visual effect config checkbox to control the new style of XP11.30 heatblur.
- Implemented AoA display with HUD
- Sidebar drawer was broken in X-Plane 11.30 when sim was fullscreen
- Icing effects were drawn as fully white in XP11.30
- Throttle on-screen mini overlay was drawn with black background in XP11.30
- Integrated support for particle system in XP11.30
- Added new particle effects for engine heatblur, contrails, engine fire, wingtip vapor trails and fuel leak.
- Fixed broken FAA charts due to mishandling of AIRAC cycle 1813
- Readjusted ECS to not make the cabin so cold at night with low occupancy
- Implemented X-Plane tailnum dataref sync to generate correctly-named logbook entries.
- Manipulators all overhauled for VR
- Brightened the overhead lights
- Lightened up panel textures
- Hide pilot models when the door is open
- Intro tutorial contained a typo
- Sound init failure can result in crash
- Updated WMM.COF file to latest release by NOAA
- Deleted prop stripes from 1 side of blades
- Re-added pens on glareshield
- Fixed multi-monitor issues with sidebar drawer positioning and screen flicker
- Flightlog was storing altitude as meters instead of feet
- Flight recovery with engine running was broken
- Implemented X-IvAp COM2 workaround.
- Added disabling of COM1/2 on initial load
- Landing lights were on with no power
- Reflection light source for standby instrument on the glareshield needs to be animated
- GASC cabin rate should be higher, seen up to 890 ft/min IRL
- Small VRAM memory leak fixes
- Implemented custom logging facility to capture crash dumps without overwriting them
- Flightlog units were incorrect for GPS alt and waypoint distance
- Position restore would incorrectly place aircraft into the air when ground lowered due to terrain flattening settings change or change in scenery
- Bad unit conversion would produce spurious terrain alerts on landing at high-altitude airports
- Increased RTC/ITI runway distance inhibit threshold to allow for approaches into runways with close-by terrain.
- Airportdb could leak open file descriptors
- Possible use-after-free of runway data in runway data update
- Starter body should cool even with engine ties on.
- Timer system change on Windows broke state files which had timer rollover issues.
- Removed HDEF condition from GPS->LOC switchover.
- Massive refactoring of random failure code and cut sudden failures due to them being too frequent.
- Don’t reset aircraft to cold & dark on smartcopilot connection in the air.
- Minor mesh fixes on front fuselage to patch up model holes
- Fixed high levels of gloss on ailerons
- Fixed texture artefacts on deice panel screws
- Artificial horizon light scatter fixed
- New datarefs on spill lights for glareshield
- Automatic switching from GPS to LOC guidance on a programmed approach wasn’t engaging LOC mode properly
- Weight-on-wheels sensors should be on all gear legs
- OFV should begin modulating on the takeoff roll
- Switched state timer from microclock to unixtime due to potential problem with microsecond rollover on Windows
- vrconfig with hotspots for walkaround
- Fixed sudden pitch change when AP was engaged with the aircraft out of trim
- Retuned steering constants to make crosswind takeoffs easier
- Lowered minimum PAX weight to allow for children
- Lightened overhead panel textures to look better
- Implemented aircraft reset to Cold & Dark when selecting ‘No’ in flight recovery or when a new airframe is created
- Increased cloud cover sun radiation decrease factor to not overheat the cabin so easily on cold weather
- Increased cabin surface heat flow rate to cool the cabin a bit in colder weather
- Implemented hard crash detection
- Refactored panel overlay drawing code to avoid hard-coding panel viewport offsets to help with rendering on multi-monitor setups
- Made negative-G effect of fuel instability less pronounced
- FMS keyboard box joystick move UP should tilt radar down on radar page
- Fuel indicator should display proper inop indication instead of amber XXX
- Added code to detect left-most monitor and display drawer there
- Fixed UI scaling support issues – all windows should now rescale & behave properly with UI size > 100%
- Fixed windows not properly centering on multi-monitor setups
- Smartcopilot compatibility fixes – very early work
- Pushing CWS shouldn’t emit the AP disconnection sound
- Flipped default CB light position to be off
- Very short runways could cause a div-by-zero in the runway segment number determination
- Added xEnviro integration to read rain rate.
- High-elevation VORs and ILSes could sometimes fail being received due to signal propagation computation errors
- Very large poly reduction in cockpit. Cut another 50,000 polys off the model without loss of visual quality.
- Brake left/right hold commands were broken by axis logic rework. Put those back in.
- Implemented datarefs to show aerodynamic flight control loading, control position and neutral point.
- Flight control aerodynamic load was being incorrectly computed from instrument-indicated airspeed.
- Toe brake handling in partial axis assign situations is all wrong.
- Added thrust loading to flight control aerodynamic loading.
- Added notification about the MAN OVRD lever with engine shut down.
- Added notification about flooded combustor.
- Made exterior walkaround clickspots hidden when inside the cockpit.
- Added radar self-test sounds.
- Added new internal main door lock/unlock sounds.
- Turning off autopilot on XP11.30 caused a crash in yaw damper handling code
- Massive VR usability enhancements courtesy of SimVRlabs. Yoke & throttle now directly VR operatable. Also changed a ton of click spots into VR-friendly ones.
- VR walkaround. Just teleport around the aircraft and remove engine covers, toggle GPU/chocks, pitot covers, static wick covers and static port covers.
- Added prop governor damage warning when selecting reverse with engine shut down.
- “Aircraft not activated” regression now finally fixed.
- Oil was wearing out way too quickly. Retuned to expected real-world performance.
- Added missing “brakes hold regular effort” that got lost in the brake pedal refactoring process.
- Fixed crash due to zero-length runway confusing synthetic vision code.
- Fixed crossing mesh in front cabin
- Fixed occasional spotaneous “aircraft not activated” in flight
- Landing gear was being unnecessarily rendered in flight
- Added autopilot and yaw damper notification messages to avoid landing with them on
- Automatically hide the sidebar when taking screenshots.
- Screens weren’t entirely black at night due to residual reflection simulation
- Fixed non-working charts on Mac due to missing 3rd party libraries
- Implemented new brake axis management system that allows simultaneous use of pedals and keyboard.
- Added option to disable low-FPS warning for custom effects
- Minor optimizations of mesh in cockpit (10,000 polys down)
- Got rid of normal mapping artifact on propeller object
- Modified VS wheel manipulator avoid backface clicking
- Removed unused debug-version code for massive speedup in frame rendering
- Fixed broken async texture transfer to EFIS objects from background threads
- Optimized tablet rendering to completely disable when not showing tablet
- Seat mesh optimizations
- Fixed front steps appearing through pilot door
- Added visual effects configurator for low-end hardware
- Added MesaGL compatibility
- Fixed crash when depressurized & oxygen on at high altitude
- Fixed load crash due to some Windows machines not having properly working random number generators
- Cut approximately 150,000 polygons from model.
- Cockpit builder fuselage hiding wasn’t hiding front cabin
- Increased max person weight to 180 kg
- Fixed crash on soft reload during flight recovery or when switching airframes
- Fixed crash on startup on AMD GPUs due to broken SPIR-V support in driver
- Fixed hang on MacOS when updating obstacle database due to instanely slow performance of OS-provided strlcpy
- Implemented synthetic vision performance improvements (adaptive refresh rate, reduce mesh density)
- Fixed crash due to bad X-Plane dataref values confusing avionics
- Fixed macOS 10.12 unable to load plugin code due to bad curl library dependencies
- Soft crash due to bad CloseHandle use fixed
- Hard crash at startup due to failing
- CryptAcquireContext fixed
- Mac broken build fixed
- Minor texturing updates on labels
Updates are completely free of charge and available via your X-Aviation user account. If you’d like to learn more about the Hot Start TBM-900, visit the product sales page via X-Aviation.
Thank you as always to our friend Rafael.
*Image courtesy of Hot Start and X-Aviation.