In addition to the helicopter addition, the latest build includes a number of general improvements and fixes.
Check out the R22 below.
Next, see a complete update changelog.
- Added Robinson R22 Beta II helicopter with highly detailed 3D model based on a 3D scan of the real aircraft and full dynamics flight model, including a fully articulated multi-body rotor simulation in combination with a dynamic inflow aerodynamics model including ground effect, transnational lift and auto-rotation state. The flight model has been fine tuned together with R22 pilots.
- The helicopter supports startup / shutdown including a clutch and rotor brake simulation and features a life-like indicator string. Our R22 has a difficulty option in the aircraft selection menu. Per default the assistance is turned on and stabilizes the helicopter to make it easier to fly when using game controllers, VR hands or joysticks with twist grip rudder. The professional setting disables any stabilization. This requires a lot of coordination work especially on the pedals, use high quality rudder pedals to fly this one. Best experience is in VR, where it is way easier to distinguish the difference between the different motions of the helicopter.
- The helicopter comes in nine different liveries and is included in the default aircraft fleet.
- Added Heliports are available as starting points in location menu
- Added over 120 helipads
- Added Default support for Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder
- Added Default support for Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA PAS helicopter controller
- Added Aircraft selection menu remembers last selected repaint for each aircraft
- Added External pan around camera can be moved towards and away from the aircraft
- Changed Yaw string behavior improved
- Changed Yaw damper turn coordination improved in all aircraft with yaw damper
- Changed B747 and LJ45 crew alerting systems: Added numerous new messages, scrolling through messages, new messages pushed to top, new messages flashing, acknowledge messages to stop flashing, natural delays between cause and warning detection
- Added Some alerts automatically canceled after several seconds, e.g. flashing altitude alerts, flashing master caution and warnings
- Added Brakes are held for you when the simulation is started,increase thrust to start rolling
- Added A320 stall warning speeds calculated from angle of attack and gross weight
- Fixed Q400 button press and hold functions: HSI ILS format, ALT SEL disable, TCAS on/off
- Fixed C172 low fuel warning threshold
- Fixed F18 half and full flap indications
To read the original update announcement, see the source thread via the IPACS Aerofly FS2 general discussion forum. The update is now available via Steam. If you’d like to learn more about Aerofly FS2, visit the official platform website.
*Image courtesy of IPACS and Steam.