Please see below for a complete project description and scope of work according to Just Flight.
Following on from their award-winning L-1011 Tristar Professional, Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer and PA-28 family of aircraft, this highly detailed simulation of the 747 Classic is being developed by Just Flight’s in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with the real-world aircraft.
Just Flight are excited to bring you the early models of the iconic Jumbo Jet with its instantly recognisable upper deck and four-engine widebody configuration. 747 Classic includes the 747-100 and -200 passenger variants and the 747-200F cargo variant. The 747-100 was first flown in 1969, revolutionising domestic air travel, and the -200 variant followed in 1970 with a range of more powerful engine types and increased fuel capacity, providing an intercontinental range. The -200F cargo variant entered service shortly afterwards, offering a significant freight-carrying capability to cargo operators.
All three engine types are included – the JT9D, CF6 and RB211. Each exterior model also features a unique cabin configuration, including the spiral staircase to the upper deck in the 747-100 and -200, and rolling cargo floor and crew ladder in the -200F. Realistic animations include articulating landing gear, flap and reverse-thrust mechanisms, spoilers and all passenger and cargo doors.
Moving up to the cockpit, the Captain, Co-Pilot, Flight Engineer and jump-seat positions are modelled with nearly all switches, knobs and levers animated and functional. The Flight Engineer’s panel features custom-coded hydraulic, electrical, engine bleed, fuel and pressurisation systems, and a newly-developed Delco Carousel IV-A Inertial Navigation System (INS) is fitted to the aircraft for realistic navigation.
The 747 Classic is designed to appeal to a wide range of virtual pilots. Many custom-coded systems are included to keep you busy on those long-haul flights and to provide the immersion that you can expect from an in-house Just Flight product, but the ability to automate key systems and Flight Engineer tasks, and to quickly configure the aircraft for flight, mean that you can also choose to get into the air without hours of pre-start checks!
The 747 Classic was flown all around the world and our add-on reflects that global popularity, featuring liveries from around the world, including the UK, USA and Europe, and covering a wide range of airline and cargo operators.
- Three variants of the 747 are included, with a range of engine options:
– 747-100 (JT9D)
– 747-200 (JT9D, CF6 and RB211)
– 747-200F (JT9D, CF6 and RB211, functioning main deck cargo doors)
- Accurately modelled using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Fully modelled cabin interiors (main deck and upper deck) and a variety of available window configurations
- Numerous animations including:
– Flaps – leading edge devices and triple slotted trailing edge flap mechanisms
– Spoilers (flight/ground)
– Flying control surfaces
– Engine fans
– Engine reverse thrust mechanisms
– Undercarriage with articulating main gear trucks
– Doors – passenger, service and cargo (main and lower deck)
– Windscreen wipers
- HD textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- Authentic labelling and placards based on those found in the real aircraft
- Captain, Co-Pilot, Flight Engineer and jump-seat positions modelled with nearly all switches, knobs and levers animated and functional
- A truly 3D cockpit environment right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Flight Engineer’s panel features custom-coded hydraulic, electrical, engine bleed, fuel and pressurisation systems
- Authentic gauges and navigational equipment, including RMI (VOR/ADF), HSI and custom-coded Delco Carousel IV-A Inertial Navigation System (INS)
- Functional autopilot/autothrottle system including navigation hold mode that can be linked to the INS or FSX/P3D flight plan
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive engine start checklist
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between ‘cold & dark’ or ‘ready for take-off’
- Many features have been added to help with usability such as the ability to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead panel, centre pedestal and Flight Engineer station
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Ability to integrate third-party weather radar
The 747 Classic will be supplied with a range of liveries from the UK, USA and Europe, covering both airline and cargo operators.
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from 747 pilots
- Authentic sound set
- Multiple interior and exterior viewpoints, including wing views
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes
Stay tuned for more project information and development previews, we will post as they become available. To review the original information source as well as additional product preview images, visit the official Just Flight project specific development page.
*Image courtesy of Just Flight.