Keep in mind, the complete series is to be sold as four separate regions including Southern England and South Wales (already released), Central England and North Wales, Northern England, and Scotland. Each region is to include detailed photoscenery, custom mesh, accurate autogen placement, and representative landmarks.
Please see below for a product features list.
- Multiple simulator support – the scenery can be active in all your supported simulators at the same time using a single installation
- 25cm/50cm aerial photos taken from 2015 onwards used as source imagery
- Scenery Manager utility included so you can adjust scenery options and activate/deactivate the scenery in individual simulators
- Performance boost – because the display of photo textures and individually placed autogen objects is more efficient than the generic tile-based system used in default scenery, the performance of your simulator(s) will actually improve when NexGen 3D scenery is being used!
- 1.2m/pixel general texture resolution. The texture resolution around airports and specific points of interest is 60cm/pixel.
- 5m (ultra-high) elevation mesh resolution
- Comprehensive 3D autogen coverage of buildings and vegetation, accurately placed from real-world data
- Numerous additional custom scenery objects
- Adjusted default landmark objects
- Optional custom night textures
- All water areas are created as simulator ‘water’ and are fully landable in appropriate aircraft
- Default airports or runways have been adjusted as necessary
- Automatic updating as new or expanded data becomes available
- Compatible with third party airport sceneries
To review the complete announcement, see the source post via Facebook. Alternatively, for more information about VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D Volume 2, visit the project development page via Just Flight.
*Images courtesy of Just Flight.