MilViz has officially announced the DHC-3T Turbo Otter for X-Plane 11. The project represents the developers second X-Plane conversion following the Cessna T310R. According to MilViz, “Our turbine-engined Otter provides a nuanced flight model that closely replicates the real deal with top-notch modeling and textures, custom systems programming, and a ton of configurable options!”
Moreover, release is “coming soon.”
Please see below for a product features list.
- Professionally created & tuned, high fidelity flight model including accurate characteristics specific to the DHC-3T.
- Four Body Configurations – Standard Wheels, Floats, Amphibious Floats, Skis, each with individually tuned flight models.
- Multiple loadout configurations, with passengers and cargo. Selectable cargo includes an externally mounted canoe!
- Custom coded and meticulously modeled PT6-34
- Custom electrical system with display of electrical load and operable circuit breakers.
- Custom over-boosting cumulative damage simulation.
- Unique flap operation which simulates the usage of the manually operated hydraulic pump and selector on the DHC-3T.
- Realistic locked / powered / free-castoring tailwheel simulation
- Icing effects on airframe and static instruments fully simulated.
- Richly detailed cabin with beautiful high resolution textures and smoothly animated gauges.
- Realistic and fully adjustable cabin and instrument lighting.
- Authentic sound environment, inside and out.
- Ability to completely hide yoke and column for ease of access to important switches and controls.
- Professionally created liveries based on or inspired by real world aircraft.
- Available layer-based paintkit for creating your own liveries.
- Detailed & educational flight manual
- Yoke Lock
- Accurately modelled pump operated flaps
- Power Lever with Beta Gate
- Condition Lever with safety guard
- Accurately modelled Emergency Power Lever
- Tailwheel Lock Switch
- Fuel Transfer Switch
For more information, visit the product page via the developers website. Keep in mind, the aircraft is not yet available for purchase although the price is set at $39.99 USD.