MK-Studios has officially announced the end of 32-bit development (FSX + P3D V3). According to a post via Facebook, the decision is a result of diminishing interest in older platforms and problems associated with backwards compatibility. Moving forward, the team plans to further expand visuals using the latest P3D V4 technology.
Additionally, the developer provided a brief status update regarding several ongoing projects. Please allow me to summarize below.
- Tenerife North is expected summer 2019.
- Another “secret” undisclosed project is also planned for summer 2019.
- Dublin is currently scheduled for Q4 2019 – however, the first preview images are expected in May.
- Rome is also scheduled for Q4 2019.
- Keflavik is in the information gathering stage, particularity for the new terminal building.
- Lisbon V1.3 featuring PBR and other general improvement is planned, no timeline provided.
- An update for Fuerteventura including PBR and new ground poly is also planned although again, no timeline.
You may recall, earlier this month, MK-Studios released Tenerife South V2 for Prepar3D V4.4+.
*Image courtesy of MK-Studios.