Dark Space has posted a new product update for xEnviro – X-Plane 11. The much anticipated release brings the software up to Version 1.10 and features a number of wide-ranging and comprehensive improvements. As usual, the update is free of charge for existing users.
Please see below for a complete update changelog according to the developer.
- Maximum ozone level slider.
- Volume rendered clouds.
- Maximum intensity slider.
- Blur level slider.
- Reduce surface crosswind checkbox added.
- New alternative sun glare.
- Checkbox to display or remove diffraction spikes.
- Camera blue filter slider.
- Draw default night sky checkbox.
- Parameters for water waves adjusted to match current weather.
- Dynamic snow coverage in the mountain areas.
- Dynamic surface snow coverage.
- Dark airport surface when wet.
- Maximum snow coverage slider.
- Wet aerodrome surface effect checkbox.
- Draw snow in mountains checkbox.
- Volume shadows for haze.
- Automatic server selection based on response time.
- Calculations for scattering, perspective and optical depth have been separated.
- The entire scene lighting is now calculated dynamically for the key points.
- Scenery albedo now dynamically adjusted for a better environment representation.
- Low level haze scattering calculation allows variable particle size.
- Turbulence slider now controls the average amount of flow disturbance.
- ALOFT data format has been changed, sampling rate increased, vorticity data added.
- Airport lights range has been adjusted to match the actual visibility range.
- New rain effect.
- New snow effect.
- Rain and snow affected by aircraft lights.
- Volumetric landing and taxi light beams.
- Default surface drifting snow removed at runtime.
- Separate windshield effects for rain and snow conditions.
- Windshield effect now displays reflective raindrops.
- Combined atmosphere shader adjusted to hide the DSF edge.
- Database update has been moved to the separate thread.
- Resolution slider has been removed.
- Complexity slider has been removed.
- Reflections range slider has been removed.
- Detailed range slider has been removed.
- Maximum drawing distance slider removed.
- Post processing checkbox removed.
- Remove scenery shadows under overcast checkbox removed.
- Billboard clouds have been completely removed.
- Crepuscular rays temporary removed.
- Draw crepuscular rays checkbox has been removed.
- Camera shift slider removed.
- Assymetric projection matrix applied to the cockpit camera.
- Camera zoom is now correct.
- Early low resolution depth test has been removed to allow full resolution depth test.
- Aircraft is no more in the shadow above the cloud layer.
*Image courtesy of Dark Space.