UNITED KINGDOM – Orbx has announced EGNX, East Midlands Airport for X-Plane 11. According to Community and Marketing Manager Aimee Sanjari, the airport “…is a stunning addition to any UK scenery collection. Fully integrated with TrueEarth GB South, this PBR rendition of East Midlands Airport features high resolution buildings, a fleet of static aircraft, custom modeled cars and trucks, and HDR night lighting. We have included the Royal Air Force museum and have even programmed in an active firetruck going to and from the station as well as a race around the local racing track every 20 minutes between 08:00 – 22:00!”
Moreover, release is “coming soon.”
For those unfamiliar with the area, East Midlands is a midsize international facility located approximately 20 miles south of Leicester. The airport is a focus city for numerous low cost carriers as well as an important cargo hub.
Please see below for a product features list.
- An immersive rendition of EGNX East Midlands airport including the race track west to the airport and additional POIs
- Accurate ground service cars using in the airport- buses (both airport and public shuttles), fire fighters, gpu and more.
- 2k high regulation buildings
- Full PBR integration with ortho (mainly asphalt), buildings, vehicles, ground texture, etc
- Interior modelling on the tower and the terminal. In addition, the tower and the terminals are reflective and transparent
- Realistic static aircraft with the following liveries: DHL, Flybe, Thomas Cook, Jet2 and Ryanair.
- Animated firefighter truck will go from the station to the practice area every 20min. There is also a race on the racing track every 20 min (both are active from 08:00-22:00). The airport shuttles (skyline buses) also drive along the airport area.
- Stunning custom HDR night lighting
- Dense 3D grass with minimum FPS impact
- incredibly detailed special effects: Wind turbines and the smoke coming out of chimneys react to the wind speed and direction
- Ortho of 25cm/pix which blend smoothly and seamlessly with TrueEarth GB South
- Royal Air Force museum is included – this is located in the north-east part of the runway
- Custom ground poly
- Unique trucks, cars and other vehicles are present in the airport
To review the complete project announcement including additional preview images, see the source post via Orbx.