AUSTRIA – Jarrad Marshall of Orbx has announced that LOWI, Innsbruck Airport is coming to X-Plane 11. According to Jarrad, “I am absolutely delighted to unveil one of our most ambitious airport projects to date; LOWI Innsbruck Airport for X-Plane 11! After 18 months of development and R&D from Vittorio Greco, Tony Wroblewski and myself, our award-winning airport has been brought XP11.”
The package includes not only the airport itself but approximately 8,200 square kilometres of surrounding detail “encompassing the majority of the Austrian state of Tyrol and the southern reaches of the German state of Bavaria.” In fact, the coverage area is described as a “Mini-Region.” Moreover, the city of Innsbruck is recreated in immense “CityScene” detail.
Check out some preview images below.
Next, see a general breakdown of product features.
- Ultra-detailed rendition of Innsbruck Airport
- Extremely high definition ground polygon
- Beautiful hand-coloured and cleaned ground textures at 30cm
- Entirely customized GSE and static aircraft fleet unique to Innsbruck – don’t expect to see generic airside vehicles or unexpected aircraft types
- Hand-crafted texture work incorporating special materials, baked ambient occlusion and baked night lighting
- Custom vegetation, grass and non-airside detailing
- Optimized for use with default and well-known AI programs
- Animated GSE and static peopleflow
- Carefully optimized for best balance between high performance and detail – very low texture loading for a scenery of this scope and detail.
- One of the most detailed cities yet brought to X-Plane 11
- 160 custom points of interest
- Beautiful edited 60cm ground imagery
- Major freeways and bridges custom modeled
- Hand-placed custom vegetation
- Stunning night lighting
- Hat Tux/Aplin 5 Heliport (LOJT) – rescue heliport hidden deep in the valleys south-west of Innsbruck
- University Hospital (Uni Klinik) Heliport – rooftop hospital heliport in the heart of the city
- Flight Rescue Centre OAMTC Heliport – major Christophorus/Police heliport adjacent to the airport
- An enormous 8200km2 of TrueEarth-style detail, encompassing the majority of the Austrian state of Tyrol and the southern reaches of the German state of Bavaria
- Highly accurate building autogen using custom central European types
- Beautiful vegetation autogen using the latest placement techniques and custom Orbx artwork
- Expertly colourised and cleaned ortho at 1m resolution
- Best-available high-definition elevation mesh sampled from 10m source, optimized for best balance between high fidelity and performance
- Complete detailed overlay – accurate roads, watermasking, rail, powerlines and other features you’d expect from a TrueEarth region
- Expertly collated, hand-edited and compiled using proprietary Orbx technology
To review the complete project announcement including additional screenshots, see the source post via the Orbx preview forum. Stay tuned for more.