Keep in mind, unlike the Orbx TrueEarth series, Australia V2 is a landclass-style region. Although no release timeline was provided, Jarrad notes that the team is “…working extremely hard in the background putting the final touches on this huge project….”
Please see below for a product features list.
- Our largest and most popular region; 8 million sq km in full Orbx region quality
- Ultra-HD Melbourne Cityscape
- 370+ upgraded and 280+ all-new airports
- Over 50+ large-scale photoreal areas of interest such as salt lakes, mine sites, tidal areas and many more
- High-quality mesh, with high-resolution LIDAR data for the majority of the eastern/southern seaboard, major cities and Tasmania
- Completely new lakes, rivers and shorelines – much improved quality and accuracy
- Entire Great Barrier Reef in photoreal
- Completely new road and rail networks
- Improved and new landclass types
- Hundreds of thousands of new geographical features; dry lakes, parks, railyards, industrial areas etc
- Much-improved populated area shape accuracy
- Completely new powerline networks, windfarms and other man-made features
- Improved and updated bridges, harbour objects and marinas
- Complete seasonal variations
- Airports optimised for use with AI traffic, particularly our enormously-popular AI Traffic for Australia
- Designed to work seamlessly with all 32 Australian HD airports and Cityscapes (on sale until the end of May!)
- Completely compatible with FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv1-v4
To review the complete project introduction, see the source post via the Orbx preview forum. The scenery will be available via OrbxDirect for $54.95 AUD – owners of AU Australia V1 will automatically receive a 40% discount.
*Images courtesy of Orbx Simulation Systems.