AUSTRALIA – Orbx has officially released AU Australia V2 for FSX and Prepar3D. The scenery is a comprehensive and “monumental” redesign of the original Australia region. Features include 8 million square kilometres of detailed coverage, an Ultra-HD Melbourne cityscape, almost 700 updated or new airports, 50+ large scale photoreal POI locations (such as the Great Barrier Reef), high quality mesh, improved vector data, and much more.
Keep in mind, unlike the Orbx TrueEarth series, Australia V2 is a landclass style region.
Please see below for a product features list.
- Our largest and most popular region; 8 million sq km in full Orbx region quality
- Ultra-HD Melbourne Cityscape
- 370+ upgraded and 280+ all-new airports
- Over 50+ large-scale photoreal areas of interest such as salt lakes, mine sites, tidal areas and many more
- High-quality mesh, with high-resolution LIDAR data for the majority of the eastern/southern seaboard, major cities and Tasmania
- Completely new lakes, rivers and shorelines – much improved quality and accuracy
- Entire Great Barrier Reef in photoreal
- Completely new road and rail networks
- Improved and new landclass types
- Hundreds of thousands of new geographical features; dry lakes, parks, railyards, industrial areas etc
- Much-improved populated area shape accuracy
- Completely new powerline networks, windfarms and other man-made features
- Improved and updated bridges, harbour objects and marinas
- Complete seasonal variations
- Airports optimised for use with AI traffic, particularly our enormously-popular AI Traffic for Australia
- Completely compatible with FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv1-v4
To review the complete release announcement, see the source post via Orbx. Alternatively, for additional release media or to purchase, visit the product sales page via OrbxDirect. As of the time of this writing, the scenery is priced at $54.95 AUD – owners of AU Australia V1 will automatically receive a 40% discount.
*Video and cover photo courtesy of Orbx Simulation Systems.