After much anticipation, Orbx has released Global Buildings HD for FSX and Prepar3D. The addon is a comprehensive worldwide replacement for default autogen buildings featuring 4K, regionally accurate textures and FPS friendly models.
According to the official release announcement, “…three years in the making, lead developer Scott Armstrong has painstakingly overhauled over 900 texture sheets, containing 3,860 individual building textures.” Moreover, Bill Womack has completely reworked over 400 3D models in the default building library including water towers, fast food restaurants, apartment buildings, factories, gas stations, barns, and much more.
You may recall, Scott also posted a detailed explanation regarding Buildings HD earlier this week.
Anyway, check out some release images below. The official video trailer is also available via YouTube.
Next, see a list of key product features.
- High-Definition building textures at 4K resolution covering the entire world
- Regionally accurate buildings worldwide, derived from on-location photos taken in many countries throughout the globe
- Brand new 3D building models for complex autogen objects
- Ambient Occlusion shadows baked on to building textures for added depth and realism
- High resolution rooftops derived from drone photos
- Incredibly realistic night textures for an immersive new night flying experience
- Designed to work seamlessly with all Orbx products, including Global, all openLC products, regions, and airports; or without any other Orbx products installed
- Completely compatible with FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv1-v4
- By Scott Armstrong and Bill Womack
To review the complete release announcement, see the source post via Orbx. Alternatively, jump directly to the product sales page via OrbxDirect. As of this writing, the package is priced at $34.95 AUD.