AUSTRIA – After much anticipation, Orbx has released LOWI, Innsbruck Airport for X-Plane 11. Developed by Jarrad Marshall, Vittorio Greco, and Tony Wroblewski, the scenery is a highly detailed rendition of the real world airport facility as well as approximately 8,200 square kilometres of surrounding detail – almost a mini-region of sorts. According to Jarrad via the official release announcement.
A destination that needs no introduction, Innsbruck is one of the iconic airports of the world, with a jaw-dropping backdrop, heart-stopping approaches and location smack dab in the heart of the European Alps. Our award-winning depiction of this famous location has now been brought to life for X-Plane 11! Far more than just an airfield, this scenery is essentially three-in-one; a highly-detailed rendition of LOWI, a complete CityScene for the metro area, and a TrueEarth style mini-region for the complete tile. Developed by Vittorio Greco, Tony Wroblewski and myself, this scenery brings together an immense level of detail, coupled with careful optimization, for the best balance between performance and immersion.
Check out some screenshots below.
Next, see a list of key product features.
- HD Airport, CityScene and Mini-Region all in one
- Ultra-detailed rendition of LOWI
- Complete CityScene for Innsbruck
- Enormous 8200km2 mini-region
- Three major heliports
- Beautiful hand-corrected and coloured PR at 30cm/60cm/1m
- Over 160 custom POI
- Stunning custom vegetation and building autogen
- Major bridges, freeway overpasses created as unique models
- Completely customized GSE and static aircraft fleet unique to LOWI
- Beautiful night lighting
- Animated GSE
- Ultra-HD mesh sampled from 10m DEM source
- Complete TrueEarth style coverage for entire tile
- Expertly optimized for best possible performance
- Original version by Jarrad Marshall, brought to XP11 with the help of Vittorio Greco and Tony Wroblewski
To review the complete release announcement, see the source post via the Orbx forums. Alternatively, jump directly to the product sales page via OrbxDirect. As of the time of this writing, the scenery is priced at $39.95 AUD.
Owners of Innsbruck for FSX/P3D and Aerofly FS2 are entitled to a 40% purchase discount until August 21, 2019 – this will be the last cross platform discount offered by Orbx.