UNITED KINGDOM – Following the initial reveal at FlightSimExpo, Orbx has officially introduced EGLC, London City Airport for X-Plane 11 (and later Prepar3D V4). Perhaps most notable, the project represents the first full HD PBR representation of an airport (and surrounding area). The scenery is of course intended to work seamlessly alongside TrueEarth Great Britain South.
Please see below for a complete product features list.
- Full HD PBR representation of London City Airport and surroundings.
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- All new highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- Includes the Excel building, Tate & Lyle Sugar factory and all surrounding high-rise buildings.
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB South
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Introducing all new detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Dynamic Fire & Rescue response – fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach. Fire trucks will deploy to your aircraft position once on the ground
To review the complete project announcement including additional screenshots, see the source post via Orbx.
Lastly, with respect to the Prepar3D V4 version, Aimee Sanjari remarks, “…don’t worry. EGLC for P3D will be announced soon!”