UNITED KINGDOM – Orbx has released EGLC, London City Airport for X-Plane 11. The scenery is a highly detailed and accurate rendition of the real world airport facility as well as a portion of the surrounding area. However, perhaps most important, the project represents the first full PBR airport (and surroundings) by Orbx.
According to Aimee Sanjari and with respect to the location, “EGLC is located in the Royal Docks in the London Borough of Newham, in between Canary Wharf and the City of London – the two most important financial districts in the country. EGLC provides important transport links between the capital and the rest of the UK as well as continental Europe.”
Keep in mind, the airport is intended to work seamlessly alongside TE GB South – without, users may experience visual anomalies.
Check out some release images below.
Next, see a product features list.
- Full PBR representation of London City Airport and surroundings.
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- Highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- Includes the Excel building, Tate & Lyle Sugar factory and surrounding high-rise buildings.
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB South
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Introducing all new detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Dynamic Fire & Rescue response
To review the complete release announcement, see the source post via Orbx. Alternatively, jump directly to the product sales page via OrbxDirect. As of the time of this writing, the scenery is priced at $32.95 AUD.
Please note, the airport is also coming to Prepar3D V4.