Keep in mind, Palm Springs is a technical port from the existing version for FSX and Prepar3D.
Check out some official release images below.
Next, see a list of key product features according to the developer.
- Ultra-detailed rendition of KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
- Enormous 1500sq km coverage
- Beautiful hand-edited ground textures at 30cm/1m resolution
- Impeccable 10m high res mesh
- High-detail ground poly with bump/spec mapping
- All-new custom vegetation cultivation
- Dozens of custom landmarks
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway helipads
- Unique static aircraft and vehicles exclusive to KPSP
- Extraordinarily detailed Airport Terminal
- Incredible virtual reality integration: optimized for performance and smoothness
- Extreme high-density vegetation and building cultivation
- 3D Night lighting for the entire city
- Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and unique night-lighting techniques used for maximum realism
- Custom animated content
- Orbx PeopleFlow technology
- Designed to blend seamlessly with default Aerofly scenery
- Incredible performance on even mid-range systems – far superior to FSX/P3D/XP11!
To review the original release announcement, see the source thread via the Orbx forums. To learn more, review additional screenshots, or to purchase, visit the official product sales page. As of the time of this writing, the scenery is priced at $39.95 AUD – owners of the previous version for FSX and Prepar3D are entitled to a 40% cross-platform discount.
*Images courtesy of Orbx Simulation Systems.