Check out some screenshots below.
Next, see a partial SP1 features list. Please note, we have not included the POI list due to length. However, for those interested, it is available as part of an earlier preview post.
Here are the main improvements in SP1:
- Removed buildings from airports (as long as they have a boundary set in X-Plane)
- Added Ambient Occlusion (AO) ground and wall effects to autogen
- Updated autogen to PBR
- Upgraded tree placement algorithm (forests are now even more accurate)
- Updates to autogen placement, fixed reported building rotation bugs
- Made the roads darker to better match the ortho, and these are now enabled by default
- Added supermarkets (Sainsbury’s, Lidl, Morrisons, ASDA and IKEA)
- Added fast food outlets
- Numerous small bug fixes with object placements
- Some optimisation to London buildings to improve performance
In addition we have added
192 344 new Point of Interest (POI) 3D models to the regions including:
- Many castles
- Stately homes
- Every stadium over 7,500 seats
- Many cathedrals
- Other POIs
To review the complete release announcement, see the source post via the Orbx discussion forums. For more information about TrueEarth Great Britain South for X-Plane 11, visit the product sales page via OrbxDirect.
As a matter of interest, according to Ed Correia, the Prepar3D V4 version is also coming soon.
*Images courtesy of Orbx Simulation Systems.