Check out some preview images below.
Next, see a list of product features.
- 37,000 square miles (59,383km2) of of hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New autogen technology developed specially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking UK-themed houses to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 72.5 million individually counted trees, ensuring maximum accuracy in forest areas
- Well over 4 million buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
To review the complete product announcement including a significant number of preview images, see the source thread via the Orbx forums. The scenery will be previewed via the Orbx Twitch Channel on November 22, 2018 at 20:00 GMT.
Keep in mind, although not yet previewed, the final product to complete the series will be the North region.
*Images courtesy of Orbx Simulation Systems.