With respect to overall immersion, the scenery models hundreds of iconic landmarks and points of interest. Keep in mind, TrueEarth Great Britain South represents the first of three products covering the entire region – coming next is GB Central and GB North.
Check out some official release images below.
Next, see a complete features list according to the developer.
- 42,000 square miles (107,349 km²) of hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New autogen technology developed specially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking UK-themed houses to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 130 million trees at the correct height and location
- 13.2 million buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as London and along the coast.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
To review the original release announcement, see the source thread via the Orbx forums. Alternatively, jump directly to the product sales page. As of the time of this writing, the scenery is price at $54.95 AUD.
*Images courtesy of Orbx Simulation Systems.