Additionally, for those with more powerful computers, there is an optional HD Pack which includes improved textures (for autogen, 3D models, and trees), enhanced buildings for Seattle urban airports, and a bonus copy of Israel’s Farm Private Strip (WA56).
Release is currently planned for mid June via the new Orbx Central 4.
Please see below for a product feature list for both the base package and the optional HD Pack.
- 91,875 square miles (237,956 km²) of hand-corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New PBR autogen technology developed especially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking PNW-themed houses and buildings to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 1,174 custom-modeled PBR 3D POIs!
- Over 500 million trees placed correctly based on detailed land use and high-resolution height data
- 42.6 million buildings at their correct height and location where data is available
- Major Cityscapes for Seattle, Bellevue, Victoria, Tacoma and significant buildings added to Everett, Olympia, Spokane, Kennewick and Yakima
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hand-placed and custom modelled 3D landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, stadiums, cranes, tanks, piers farms, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as mountains, coastlines and valleys
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving traffic
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
- 1024 and 2048 texture options for all 3D models and autogen
- 2048 textures for the Terraflora trees
- BONUS WA56 Israel’s Farm Private Strip included
- Enhanced replacement and additional 3D buildings for the Seattle urban airports, designed to enhance the XP11 Gateway airports
- A control panel so you can toggle between SD, HD and UHD textures
To review the complete project introduction, see the source post via the Orbx preview forum. The price is set at $69.95 AUD for the base package and $14.95 AUD for the HD Pack.
*Images courtesy of Orbx Simulation Systems.