PMDG has released a new product update (two actually) for the 747-400/8 QOTSII aircraft series. Additionally, Robert Randazzo has shared some new information concerning various ongoing projects (and potential projects). Please allow me to summarize below.
As noted above, the developer has released two new product updates for the 747-400/8 QOTSII – the first being the original followed by a smaller technical update to fix some implementation issues. According to Robert, “One item that we think you will like with this update is that Jeppesen and Navigraph were able to reach agreement to allow us to unlock displaying charts on the iPad app- so you have immediate access to this functionality effective with this update.” The update is now available via the PMDG Operations Center.
For reference purposes, the aircraft is compatible with Prepar3D V4.5.
Please see below for applicable change information.
PMDG 747-400/8 QOTSII ** CHANGE LIST ** – BUILD 3.00.9431 (Released 2019-04-12) [ View Issues ]
- 0007596: [EFB – General] Inability to complete W&B if fuel density value altered with metric units selected (mfrantzeskakis) – resolved.
- 0007598: [EFB – Navigraph Charting Functions] Display of navigraph terminal charts on remote EFB application (mfrantzeskakis) – resolved.
- 0000000: [External Model – Textures] late texture fix to BCF airplane in P3D v4.
PMDG 747-400/8 QOTSII ** CHANGE LIST ** – BUILD 3.00.9423 (Released 2019-04-05) [ View Issues ]
- 0007458: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] 744 VC stab tank decals above PFD should not show if there is no stab tank installed (mfrantzeskakis) – resolved.
- 0007594: [EFB – Performance and Computational] Wrong loading of some stations when sending to the aircraft EFB W&B data that include fixed loads (spares/intl gly) (mfrantzeskakis) – resolved.
- 0007533: [Systems – Wheels & Brakes] ALT EXT (rsrandazzo) – resolved.
- 0007512: [Systems – Electrical] Capts PFD and ND power up (rsrandazzo) – resolved.
- 0007511: [FMS – Route/Legs Pages] CTD if Destination airport changed after landing and before shutdown (emvaos) – resolved.
- 0007595: [External Model – Liveries] Texture mapping (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0007426: [Systems – Hydraulic] AUX 4 does not pressurize Brake Accumulator (rsrandazzo) – resolved.
- 0007555: [Virtual Cockpit – View Presets] Pedestal view point and outside view in 748 (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0007583: [External Model – Geometry] Inspection window issue on 744F (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0007437: [External Model – Geometry] Strobe and wheel issues on ERF and F (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0007592: [External Model – Geometry] Taxi light artifact on 744D (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0007455: [External Model – Geometry] Ground Power door does not close in FSX (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0007434: [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] No squibe test clickspots on BCF (mfrantzeskakis) – resolved.
- 0007527: [EFB – Navigraph Charting Functions] Back button on EDIT clip loads wrong charts (mfrantzeskakis) – resolved.
- 0007513: [Systems – Electrical] ELectrical system not behaving correct on RR and PW engine shutdown (rsrandazzo) – resolved.
- 0007582: [External Model – Geometry] 748 Underside beacon no texture (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0007550: [External Model – Liveries] Issue with 744D paintkit in latest version (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0007580: [External Model – Liveries] Wing Texture Clipping on 400D (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0007556: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] F/O window misaligned in the 744 (vscimone) – resolved.
- 0007547: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Captain Radio Control Panel does not have knobs light up with flood ligthts (vscimone) – resolved.
- 0007546: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Misalligned screws in lower eicas (vscimone) – resolved.
- 0007357: [FMS – Failures Pages] Engine oil quantity is save extended for GFO (emvaos) – resolved.
- 0007306: [Systems – Fuel] Custom fuel flow data when Reversers are in use (emvaos) – resolved.
Next, with respect to the NG3, the team is “…still crunching ahead- and making very good progress.” However, Robert explains that the project is falling behind in regards to external fit and finish. The reason for this is the overall workload for team member Jason. Nonetheless, Robert clarifies, “Hopefully he will be back up to speed in the weeks ahead- and that will keep us on track for the first release of the new NG3 product line.” Keep in mind, no release timeline was provided.
Regarding the 777, the team is currently evaluating the development schedule for the next update cycle. However, at the moment, the priority is the NG3, 747, and Global Flight Operations.
Nevertheless, the update will address PBR for Prepar3D V4.4+, EFB, compatibility with Global Flight Operations, and general fixes and corrections.
Moreover, Robert provides some context regarding the update, “Interestingly, what will likely drive the schedule for updating the 777 is going to be Global Flight Operations- so were I to put money on the bet at this juncture- I would point to Global Flight Operations as being the best friend of anyone eagerly awaiting these updates for the 777. This update will embed all of the communications pieces that the 777 will need in order to exist within the PMDG Global Flight Operations universe, and since this is about to become very important for the rollout of Global Flight Operations, it will mean increased attention to the 777.”
There is discussion regarding the possibly of a PBR update for the DC-6 product line as well as an update for X-Plane 11. Please note, according to Robert, “No real firm timelines on any of this just yet- but I wanted you to know it is being discussed.”
As a result of severe problems associated with upgrading the model to Prepar3D, no development is planned for the foreseeable future. However, Robert remarks, “There WILL come a time when we circle back for it, but it is unlikely to happen in the near term.”
Due to the current workload, there is no immediate plan to bring any new aircraft into development for X-Plane 11. Specifically, “We have a bunch of strategic objectives to knock out this year before I think we can seriously look at directing development time and investment toward moving something like NG3 in the direction of X-Plane- but it is a topic of discussion and once we have some definition in the discussion, I will be sure to share it with you.”
It is now possible to view the forum without a user account, however, you must be registered to interact.
*Image courtesy of PMDG Simulations.