Greetings 787 Drivers!
We are excited to announce that Version 1.1.2 of our Ultimate 787 Collection is now available!
We would like to thank our customers for the feedback and the scope of this update was largely driven by some of this feedback. We have invested a lot of time into various areas of the product and as a result this update is not just limited to bug fixes. There are also many enhancements to the functionality of several areas.
As an example, the Electronic Flight Bag Dispatch page has been revisited and reworked to make its operation more intuitive and user friendly. The Take Off performance page will now also provide proper flap and derate settings.
The Descent Forecast page has been added to the Flight Management System and the VC night lighting received an upgrade (P3Dv4 only).
Additionally, a considerable amount of work went into improving LNAV/VNAV, performance and the product stability. The latter unfortunately is an extremely complex topic. We have been able to resolve many issues that cause CTDs (some in relation to the weather radar) but with hundreds of different hardware and software combinations being used by our customers it is a very tedious process.
To further assist in troubleshooting, we have decided to implement a crash reporting module. This Installation of this module is optional. If you choose to install it and experience a CTD, you may see a popup window asking for your permission to send a crash report to us. Again, the installation of this crash reporting module is not mandatory and you will be given the option to enable it at the end of the product’s installation process. All reports are fully GDPR compliant and further information can be found here.
We highly encourage every P3D user to always use our product with the latest version of P3D. We have seen nice performance improvements in P3D v4.3 and all our testing is based on that platform.
There are two ways to update your 787.
Option A – Update Existing Installation
For your convenience, we have created update installers that will update your current installation to v1.1.2. Installed liveries will need to be reinstalled afterwards. An uninstallation of the liveries prior to running the update is not required. In case you have FSFX “787 Immersion” installed, a reinstallation of that product will be required.
All you have to do is to run the update for the Flight Simulator version you have the 787 installed in.
- UPDATE TO V1.1.2 (P3Dv4) – 260MB
- UPDATE TO V1.1.2 (FSX) – 151MB
- UPDATE TO V1.1.2 (FSX: Steam Edition) – 158MB
Option B – complete reinstallation (recommended)
All full installers on the Flight1 product page and on our website have been updated to the latest version.
If you decide to perform a full reinstallation, please first uninstall all liveries and then uninstall the 787. Then run the new installer as administrator.
All installers can also be found on our website at http://www.qualitywingssim.com/installers.html
Note: Installers on our Flight1 product pages will be updated within the next 12 hours.
- improved product stability
- QW CONFIG: “SAVE CONFIG” fills up fuel tanks
- QW CONFIG: some options do not get saved
- QW CONFIG: some option can not be set / selected
- PFD: straight in IAN approach (RNAV/VOR/NDB) are missing approach name, DME and Rwy info in upper left corner
- PFD: LNAV/VNAV deviation indicators on the PFD remain frozen until RNAV Approach active
- PFD: Minimum Maneuver Speed and stall speed bands move too fast when flap config changes
- PFD: Missing yellow ground level marker on departure
- ND: zoom level indication differences when VSD is enabled or not
- ND: ANP shows 0.00 on full ND and 0.05 on half ND
- EICAS: Oil temperature too low
- EICAS: Engine vibration is too high
- EICAS: N1 indication jumps up when passing 80kts during take off roll (RR only)
- EFB Dispatch: complete remake
- EFB Dispatch: Seat count on 787-9 incorrect
- EFB OPT: take off performance calculation enhanced to provide optimal flap and derate settings
- EFB: Brightness controls inop
- FMS: VNAV initial climb speed does not command V2+15
- FMS: improvements to lateral and vertical route depiction
- FMS: improvements to lateral and vertical route tracking
- FMS: VNAV Wind Forecast Page added
- FMS: DIRECT TO will cause the T/D symbol to be off course on ND
- FMS: After go around programming a new route is missing the first waypoint of the new route
- SYSTEMS: Anti-Ice logic reworked
- SYSTEMS – FUEL SYNOPTIC: Crossfeed valve logic issues
- SYSTEMS: TOGA key assignment does not work
- SYSTEMS: Fuel jettison does not work on 787-9 model
- SYSTEMS: Engines stuck in full thrust after take off (noticed on RR)
- SYSTEMS: EMER LIGHT EICAS message shows after loading a panelstate
- SYSTEMS: Overspeed warning triggers prematurely when P3D settings are set to “true airspeed” instead of “indicated airspeed”
- VISUALS: VC night lighting textures improved (RealLight)
- VISUALS: VC material reflectivity improved
- VISUALS: left RR engine reflectivity issues
- VISUALS: top fuselage beacon splash on wings too bright
- VISUALS: Vertex welding issue on APU Door. Causes dark shadow in corner of APU door
- VISUALS: “Mirror” windows on exterior model
- VISUALS: Some parts, such as the vertical fuse “joints” are inverted in the bump maps, causing these to look pushed into the fuselage.
- VISUALS: Users are confused when STORM lights override all other light controls. Changed logic to initialize DOME light instead of STORM light when loading the plane at night
- VISUALS: text night lighting does not work on TCP buttons (fixed in P3D only)
- VISUALS: blurry MCP Text since V1.1.1 Hotfix
- VISUALS: Landing Lights and Runway Turnoff Lights ON result in significant performance decrease
- SOUNDS: HUD Declutter and AP Disconnect switches on Yoke are missing correct sounds
- SOUNDS: ALT chime inhibited when approach mode is active
- SOUNDS: Reverse thrust and gear retraction sounds improved
- SOUNDS: New ground roll sounds and refinements to cockpit sounds in general
- SOUNDS: AT Servo and Autobrake disengage sounds added
- APPROACH CONFIG: Curve from origin drawn to first waypoint instead of DIRECT TO
- APPROACH CONFIG: Hitting “SAVE CONFIG” when APP CONFIG page was open before, triggers APP repositioning
- FLIGHT DYNAMICS: undesired stick shaker after rotation and general AoA improvements
- FLIGHT DYNAMICS: excessive ground taxi thrust
- FLIGHT DYNAMICS: climb performance adjusted
- QW DISPATCHER: added options to enable HD gauges and RealLight (P3D only)
- QW DISPATCHER: fuel planner adjustments
- MISC: ATC Type designation changed to be variant specific (B788 / B789)
As always, we thank you for your patience and support. We hope you enjoy flying our 787!
The QualityWings Team
To review the original release notes, see the update announcement via the developers Facebook page. If you’d like to learn more about QualityWings Simulations and the Ultimate 787 Collection, visit the developers official website.
*Images courtesy of QualityWings Simulations.