With respect to product features, the expansion pack simulates the higher loading capacity and extended range of the MD-83 and MD-88 variants. This includes updated flight dynamics, engine specifications, fuel systems, burning schedules, and cockpit layout. In addition, the expansion pack includes several 4K resolution PBR liveries specifically for Prepar3D V4.4.
Check out the included PBR liveries below.
Next, see a features list according to the developer.
- JT8D-219 engines option, with specific and accurate flight dynamics.
- Additional fuel tanks and Aux Fuel Pump system for the MD-83, with accurate burning schedule.
- Automatic fuel balance system.
- Updated load manager tool for fuel/load and route planning.
- Updated MD-83 and MD-88 virtual cockpit, with specific MD-83 and MD-88 systems, instruments and switches.
- Advanced icing simulation with visible visual effects on the external model.
- PBR (Physically-Based Rendering) liveries (requires P3D v4.4 or above).
To review the original release announcement, see the source post via the developers Facebook page. If you’d like to learn more about the expansion pack or to purchase, visit the product sales page via simMarket. As of the time of this writing, the expansion is priced at €25.00 EUR.
*Images courtesy of Leonardo Software House.