Developer vFlyteAir has released the Piper Cherokee 140 Modern for X-Plane 11.30+. The package includes two separate panel variants, that being a standard analogue panel and a glass panel featuring the Aspen E1000 PFD (by Mario Donick). Other features include animated rain and ice effects (Librain), RealityXP support, high resolution PBR textures, volumetric prop effects, and much more.
Check out some release images below.
Next, see a product features list.
Two Variants Included
- Two different panels in one model – choose from the Analog-gauge panel option or the Glass-panel option featuring the updated Aspen E1000 PFD by Mario Donick
- X-Plane 11 Optimized
- Animated rain and ice effects courtesy of the librain plugin
- Both panel options include audio panel, Garmin GPS, COM2/NAV2 radio, transponder, “VTEC 55” autopilot, DME and ADF
- Pop-out kneeboard has Options and re-fueling functionality
- Integrated support for RealityXP(tm) GTN650 or G430 plugins (purchased separately)
- Integrated support for the AviTab plugin (download from X-Plane.org)
- Aspen glass panel option has a pop-out Aspen E1000 for easier viewing in VR
- Full support for VR flight
- FMOD sounds
- Ultra-res PBR textures
- 12 liveries included
- Fully animated 3D model
- 3D volumetric prop effects
- Animated copilot and pilot figures
- Supports XChecklist
- VR optimized
Included with the Model:
- Fully illustrated User Manual
- librain plugin is included – no need to download
- 12 liveries including a blank white
- STEC 55 Autopilot Manual by Laminar Research
For more information, additional screenshots, or to purchase, visit the product sales page via the x-plane.org store. As of the time of this writing, the aircraft is priced at $27.95 USD.
Please note, owners of the original vFlyteAir Cherokee are entitled to a 50% discount. According to the developer, “The coupon code can be found in your original Cherokee 140 [i]nvoice.”