SPAIN – After much anticipation, Sim-Wings, in partnership with Aerosoft, have released Canary Islands Professional, Gran Canaria for Prepar3D V4. The scenery is a highly detailed and comprehensive rendition of the real world airport facility as well as the island of Gran Canaria.
Features include high resolution colour corrected aerial imagery, custom mesh, PBR materials for some surfaces, animated jetways, optimized dynamic lighting, functional windsocks, and much more.
For those unfamiliar with the area, Gran Canaria is the busiest airport facility in the Canary Islands and handles more than 13 million passengers per annum.
Please see below for a product features list.
- Highly detailed Gran Canaria Airport scenery with Gran Canaria Island
- High-resolution aerial image for the airport and island of Gran Canaria, extensively colour-corrected for true aerial colours
- Detailed ground markings based on recent charts of parking stands
- High-definition height mesh with 5 m resolution for the entire Island
- Autogen buildings and vegetation at all parts of the aerial image area
- Extremely detailed Gran Canaria airport buildings with interior designs at apron side and infrastructure buildings
- Complete military area with highly detailed hangars and buildings
- Detailed animated jetway models (CTRL-J), SODE jetways available as optional download
- Functional safegates at all gates, no need for any other add-on to get working VGDS
- Functional windsocks
- Pre-rendered self-shadowing (Ambient Occlusion) at buildings
- Animated vehicle traffic on the apron and around the airport
- Detailed AFCAD. Actual nav data and approach procedures (Airac 1906)
- Extended configuration tool
- Straightforward installation: no changes to default configuration necessary. No SODE needed for full functionality (despite for optional SODE jetways), everything is programmed using SDK features
- Optimized dynamic lighting (can be turned off per area via the config menu)
- Optimized 3D runway lighting with automatic activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
- Use of PBR materials for ground water effects and windows (can be switched off to use of normal P3D v4 materials)
- Enhanced default scenery of “El Berriel” GCBL – “Lite scenery”
- Configuration tool will automatically recognize which version of Prepar3D is used
For more information, additional screenshots, or to purchase, visit the product sales page via Aerosoft. As of the time of this writing, the scenery is priced at $31.99 USD.