Maxx-XP has posted a new product update for SkyMaxx Pro. The release brings the software up to Version 4.8 and features a number of fixes and additions to the existing product build. Perhaps most notable, the update includes new cloud textures and an improved user interface.
For those unfamiliar with SkyMaxx Pro, the software is a cloud and sky replacement engine for the X-Plane platform.
Please see below for a a list of changes.
- New choices for cirrus, overcast, and cumulus cloud textures
- New user interface for choosing cloud textures; each cloud type now has its own configuration screen
- Fix appearance of precipitation in VR
- Suppress towering storm clouds above 40 degrees latitude (unless told to explicitly by an external injector)
- Fix cloud/terrain blending when using Real Weather Connector while only ground fog is present
- Fix fog / in-cloud effects in X-Plane 10
- Improve accuracy of cloud altitudes
- Added backup weather download capabilities when using “always” mode in Real Weather Connector
- Fade time when cloud layers change increased to 30 seconds
- Fixed fog inside stratus clouds
- Fixed cloud shadows and other special effects in VR
- Fixed hard edges on solid & broken overcast clouds when viewed from above
The update is free of charge for existing (V4) users and available via your X-Aviation account. To learn more about SkyMaxx Pro, visit the product sales page via X-Aviation.
*Image courtesy of Maxx-XP.