After much anticipation, TFDi Design has released PACX or Passenger and Crew Experience (in an early access state) for FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane 10 + 11. In simplistic terms, the plugin provides for a simulated interactive cabin environment to better replicate real life commercial operations. According to TFDi, “PACX seeks to bring the feeling of responsibility and the significance of traveling with passengers and crew to your simulator. It is designed to be unintrusive, varied, dynamic, and simple to use.”
The software is currently compatible with all aircraft although in-cockpit integration is only available for select models including the TFDi 717, QualityWings 787, PMDG 737, PMDG 747-400 QOTSII, and PMDG 777. Keep in mind however, additional integration is planned for the future.
Please see below for a brief product overview as well as upcoming features.
- Simulation of passenger reactions is based on their purpose for travel, age, and a variety of other parameters. These reactions also have a touch of random variance to simulate the nuances in a person’s mood.
- In-flight and at-gate incidents have several outcomes and natures, allowing each situation to feel unique.
- You have the ability to announce an ahead of schedule arrival, or to cancel diversions, allowing issues like delays and diversions to be more fluid and realistic.
- A combination of the user interface and the crew announcements creates an informative and immersive experience for every scenario.
- Passengers may give input on certain elements of the flight in the form of written comments, depending on the flight.
- Announcements of unique flight numbers and destinations
- General aviation support
- Corporate aviation support
- Further support of in-cockpit integration on third party aircraft
For more information or to purchase, visit the product sales page via the TFDi website. As of the time of this writing, the software is priced at $29.99 USD.
*Images courtesy of TFDi Design.