VSkyLabs has released a major product update for the developers DC-3/C-47 Skytrain FLP – X-Plane 11. The update brings the software up to Version 2.8.01 and features a number of wide-ranging improvements. Moreover, according to the developer, the aircraft now represents a “comprehensive” simulation of the real world type and further sets the foundation for future updates.
Please see below for a list of changes.
- Project architecture:
- Modified and optimized internal structure.
- 3D modeling:
- Mapping update with additional textures for new elements and improved existing ones.
- Default livery added: “That’s All, Brother” 3X-292847.
- Cockpit night lighting rework.
- Internal cabin structure modified to allow future hosting of C-47 interior elements (internal walls/space division/arrangement were made, including the removal of the front seats raw).
- Landing gears structure repaint, remapped.
- Engine Radiators grills textures refined.
- Engine Exhausts remodeled.
- Cockpit panel refinements.
- Doors modeling+animation.
- Engines physical location re-set (visual, flight model).
- Clock/timer gauge seconds-needle texture fixed.
- FPS optimization (flying in clouds).
- Internal/external PBR maps were added.
- Oxygen masks were added – two W2Ah13d-Leather flight helmets with Type A14 oxygen masks, each one located on each pilot seat arm.
- Supercharges control panel was added.
- Oxygen pressure and flow indicators were added.
- Flight Dynamics:
- Complete overhaul to fall in line with the latest XP11.30+ (non experimental).
- Engines physical location fine tuned (shifted aft couple of feet).
- Two-speed Superchargers system was added to increase power and allow high altitude flight.
- Engines performance tune-up, max. HP in takeoff, cruise updated.
- Engines exhaust and smoke – reconfigured.
- Systems – additional:
- Engines fire warning system was added.
- Engines fire extinguisher system was added (floor hatch can be opened and operated).
- Oxygen system was added, along with authentic regulator (incorporating ‘normal’/’100%’ supply), and pressure and flow indicators.
- Engines two-speed superchargers system – lo/hi-blowers.
- VR Interaction:
- Complete checkup.
- Manipulators rework.
- Advanced damage simulation:
- Engines spool-up sensitivity algorithm was added (the C-47 is not a fighter jet….spool up the engine gradually when it is in low-rpm to avoid severe engine fire).
- Cockpit smoke in case of engine fire was added.
- Engine fire, cockpit smoke and cockpit windows ventilation are interconnected.
- FMOD Sounds:
- Oxygen breathing when using the oxygen masks.
- Fire detection system bell was added.
- Existing systems – refinements – enhancements:
- Dual portable GPS are normally folded now.
- Fuel tank selectors are now initially OFF in ‘cold and dark’, and L/R accordingly in ‘engine running’
*Image courtesy of VSkyLabs Aerospace Simulations.