Check out some release images below.
Next, see a list of project highlights.
- The most comprehensive VSKYLABS Project up to date.
- VSKYLABS ‘Test-Pilot’ Project.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the ICON-A5, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11.30+ ‘Experimental Flight Model’ environment (must be selected in the General settings window in X-Plane 11).
- ‘Built for VR’ – Virtual Reality Ready (of course it is a joy to fly in 2D…).
- Unique aspects of the ICON-A5 are simulated and are part of the flying experience along with the unique and authentic systems, cockpit panels and display systems:
- Highly detailed, fully animated aircraft exterior and interior 3D model.
- Fully functional, authentic A5 Angle of Attack display system.
- Unique and authentic iconography and embedded into the display systems in the cockpit.
- CAP system (Ballistic Parachute system) modeled along with automatic gear retraction upon activation.
- Bilge water build-up and purge system are modeled.
- Removable cockpit windows.
- The A5’s unique custom designed, authentic Landing and Taxi lights.
- …and more!
- Custom built PFD Companion and a fully functional Autopilot system included.
- High quality, animated pilot figure for highly immersive experience in 2D/VR modes.
- Built-in Avitab Plugin compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- FMOD Sounds.
- The project is under constant maintenance and development – updates are free.
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.
To learn more, review additional screenshots, or to purchase, visit the product sales page via the developers website. As of the time of this writing, the aircraft is priced $32.95 USD.
*Images courtesy of VSkyLabs Aerospace Simulations.