After much anticipation, X-Crafts has officially released the Embraer ERJ family for X-Plane 11. The package offers a highly detailed and comprehensive representation of the complete aircraft series including the E135, E140, E145, E145XR, and Legacy 650 (business jet variant). Instead of paraphrasing various features, check out the description below.
- UPDATER – You can easily check for new updates right inside of X-Plane and you will automatically get the latest version. It literally takes 3 clicks of a button!
- On-screen CHECKLIST plugin
- On-screen HELP SHEET with FAQ and useful info which will get you going real quick and will solve 90% of issues that users usually ask on the forums.
- On-Screen Control menu for door control, ground objects, GPU and engine covers.
- Pre-configured systems like on the real plane
- Realistic Avionics Startup
- Realistic flight dynamics based on real pilot input and feedback
- There are two FMS units installed on the pedestal: Custom TEKTON FMS© by Steve Wilson (More details below) and the X-Plane FMS by Philipp J. Münzel
- Please note that these are not replicas of the FMS units usually installed on the jets.
- 4K High resolution textures (more important is the resolution of the actual fuselage which is 75000pixels per on meter squared)
- Highly detailed landing gears, Flaps, lights, gauges, antennas… everything
- Realistic wingflex animation
- Pilots in external view
- All doors are animated and controllable from the plugin menu. Main and service doors can also be opened by clicking on the levers.
- High resolution PFD, MFD, EICAS displays
- All text around the cockpit is crisp and clear with any rendering options
- Intuitive cockpit manipulation – I have always taken great care to make the cockpit as easy to use as possible. This means all clickable areas in the cockpit are very big so that you can easily click on any button, knob or lever in the cockpit
- Each switch, lever, knob, and handle is animated
- All cockpit lights are controllable exactly as on the real jets, even the screens shine light on their surroundings
- Includes baggage bay door light
- 3D (not movable, ideal for VR) pop-up panels of the FMS, Radio panel and Thrust Rating Panel.
- The FMS also has a 2D pop up window mode that stays on the screen and you can move it around, so you can simply choose which one you want to be using based on your preference.
- Pop Up screens of the PFD MFD and EICAS
- Realistic Exterior Lighting: NAV, Strobe, Beacon, Left/Nose/Right landing lights, Nose taxi lights, Inspection lights, Logo lights, Courtesy lights, Baggage door light. They all cast light on the surroundings.
- Audible Alert System
- Awesome 3D sounds, many of which have been recorded on the real jets!
- Initialization page on system startup
- Easy to navigate paging system
- SID, ROUTE and STAR waypoint lists are treated as separate editable items
- Color keyed data presentation
- Scratchpad data entry
- Interactive feedback messages
- Both 2D and 3D popups are available for easy access.
- Direct Keyboard Entry (DKE)
- SID and STAR procedures from X-Plane stock or third party custom data
- Zipped “Custom Data” folder provided
- Altitude and airspeed constraints for procedures
- Automatic procedure altitude calculation
- Flexible STAR element selection and re-selection and editing
- Default visual departure and approach waypoints
- Ability to easily edit SIDs, Routes, STARS and the loaded FLT PLAN
- PERF 1 page providing preflight and takeoff data
- PERF 2 page allowing route fuel planning
- PERF 3 page for approach data
- Thrust Rating Select page (TRS) accessed from PERF 1
- FMS reset function
- Simplified manual waypoint altitude entry
- Company route load and save functions
- FLT PLAN page now automatically advances with destination waypoint
- 8.33mhz tunable radios
- Comprehensive Status Page
- The stock X-Plane MCDU is also provided as an alternative for users that prefer it.
An amazing 3D sound package comes with the jets. Everything from different knob sounds, door sounds to realistic engine sounds. Many of the sounds have been recorder on the real jets which makes the experience extra immersive!
For more information or to purchase, visit the product sales page via the x-plane.org store. As of the time of this writing, the package is priced at $89.95 USD.
*Video courtesy of X-Crafts.