Please see below for a list of new features and improvements according to the official release notes.
- New ATC voice system.
- Particles editor for aircraft.
- Autopilot & aircraft systems updates:
- Summary of AP changes in 11.30
- Propeller feathering
- Anti- and de-ice systems
- Oxygen system
- Autopilot parameters
- Fixed turboprop engine governor
- Vacuum systems
- Vacuum gyro limitations & caging
- Improved industrial zones in US autogen & reorganized library.
- FM improvements / experimental FM UI option
- Shader system rebuilt as part of port to Vulkan.
- All of X-Plane is now 8.33kHz aware.
- Panel res bumped to 4k.
- Updated airspace to 2018 & Navigraph default data 1708.
- Added sector altitudes in VFR map.
- Updated joystick config files to use sim/autopilot/servos_off_any.
- New UI options to enlarge font size.
- New UI for manually setting joystick curves per axis.
- Settings UI for re-enabling notification windows that have a “don’t show this again” checkbox.
- Situation files get you close to landmarks for quick sight seeing.
- User submitted joystick config file
To install the update, run the X-Plane installer and select “Update X-Plane.” Please note, the update is not yet available for Steam customers.
If you’d like to review the official release notes, see the X-Plane 11 Knowledge Base.
*Logo courtesy of Laminar Research.